Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #1

Pennsylvania

Received the registration cards and plate stickers for two Hawks yesterday from Penn DOT. I don't understand all the hate for Pennsylvania. I had no problem at all.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerider View Post
Received the registration cards and plate stickers for two Hawks yesterday from Penn DOT. I don't understand all the hate for Pennsylvania. I had no problem at all.
Every County in every State will have different Registration Rules/Process... hell even going to the same Registration building and getting a different person behind the counter can get you plates in most cases... that's the reason some/most people have problems... it's usually the Nazi behind the Desk giving us problems with registering the bike

Congrats on being Road Legal

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #3

Congrats Timerider!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-19-2016, 09:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Every County in every State will have different Registration Rules/Process... hell even going to the same Registration building and getting a different person behind the counter can get you plates in most cases... that's the reason some/most people have problems... it's usually the Nazi behind the Desk giving us problems with registering the bike

Congrats on being Road Legal
I agree. This conjures up scenes of that fat ass behind the counter that refuses to dig a little deeper only to say, "I'm sorry sir, the system won't let me register it, next in line". Yea government
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-20-2016, 01:44 AM   #5

Insurance issue

I had no problem getting tags in FL. I had more trouble getting Insurance through my ins. company (Progressive). I could only get the minimum coverage because they did not have the bike in their system to get a value for replacement coverage? Whatever, it's legal and on the road but it will be total loss if it's stolen or wrecked?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #6

Hawk 250 Pennsylvania title registration

I want to buy a hawk... exactly what all did you need for title and registration in Pennsylvania?

Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #7

A wise man once said: "Be wary of the government that takes your rights, then offers to sell them back to you." No soap boxes here, but I really feel like the government overlords are trying too hard to dictate what we can and can't do with our lives and property. Enough of that... There is a thread on here that details the success, or lack of, for each state. http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17919

You might be able to dig through that and get some better guidance. Let us know how it works out.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up