Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #1261

It seems to me the color is a bright yellow-orange. The color is certainly much brighter than KTM orange, which is a dark orange.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #1262

I'm very late to this party, but after having read through all of this thread just wanted to express an opinion or two. My wife and I currently ride and tour together on DR 650's. She doesn't like rough trails, but I do.
Roxanne and I, with our DR's on the BRP

Roxanne on her DR

Last year, wanting something a little more comfortable, we got a couple 650 V Strom's.

Almost the perfect bike for what we do. Back country riding, forrest service roads, even occassionally some interstaqte.

Only thing is the Strom, even lowered, is a little tall for her. She dropped hers at a stop sign and couldn't lift it. So I was thinking maybe a WR 250, lighter, but still pretty tall.
This bike, this RX3, should be perfect in many ways for many. Not too tall, off-road capable, able to carry camping equipment. Something we like to do on the bikes

I rode a good portion of the TAT last year on the DR. Arkansas to Utah.

The only places I would have felt the Strom was too much was on a couple of CO mountain passes. In fact, I'm trying to get my wife to ride it with me again on the Strom's.
The DR, loaded with saddlebags and camping gear was almost too much. However, I would have loved to have had fuel injection at the higher altitudes. I would think this RX3 would have been about perfect for an adventure like the TAT.
I can't wait for you guys to get your bikes and started posting some reports!
2007 DR 650
1973 Yamaha TX 650

Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #1263

Thanks for joining the thread, and sharing your insights, Gene. Also, thank you for posting the beautiful photographs.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-11-2015, 06:13 AM   #1264

Hello,
I am soon to own a RX3 , (Honley 250 Adventurer here in the UK ). I will be one of only a handful of owners in the UK according to this website
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicl...x3_zs_250_gy-3

Just wanted to say how glad i was to find this excellent thread (still reading) and discover that im not the only one who thinks this bike could be a real winner !

regards

katflap

Old 01-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #1265

Hello to Everyone,

I am Man and I've been reading all of the threads in this forum weeks ago to get all related info about this bike. Actually, I'm from Malaysia and previously tried to search every information related to RX3. It is good to get every info from this forum and also others.

For your information, this bike was launched at 25th December 2014 at one of the biggest bike gathering in Malaysia. After I have been inform about this bike, I went to the sole distributor and paid just MYR300 (84.22 USD) for the deposit. The promotion price is actually MYR12,800 (3.593.59 USD) exclude insurance and others. Total will be MYR13,400 (3,762.04). So, it is a very nice price for a very nice bike!!

However, I am still waiting for sample bike to do a test ride. Should be in near time since the company still use the bike for promotion at other state as well.

Just wondering, I've been informed that this bike (KTN RS 250 in Malaysia) will get a carburetor version instead of FI system. I tried to get as many info as i could regarding the differences between these two system but in the end, I am kind of confusing. Of course there will be pro's and con's for both system, but which one is actually better in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

Can't wait to ride the bike!!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #1266

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
Hello,
I am soon to own a RX3 , (Honley 250 Adventurer here in the UK ). I will be one of only a handful of owners in the UK according to this website
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicl...x3_zs_250_gy-3

Just wanted to say how glad i was to find this excellent thread (still reading) and discover that im not the only one who thinks this bike could be a real winner !

regards

katflap
Welcome; we are glad you joined us. After your bike arrives we would certainly enjoy viewing photographs of the Honley 250 in its native habitat.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by classix_man View Post
Hello to Everyone,

I am Man and I've been reading all of the threads in this forum weeks ago to get all related info about this bike. Actually, I'm from Malaysia and previously tried to search every information related to RX3. It is good to get every info from this forum and also others.

For your information, this bike was launched at 25th December 2014 at one of the biggest bike gathering in Malaysia. After I have been inform about this bike, I went to the sole distributor and paid just MYR300 (84.22 USD) for the deposit. The promotion price is actually MYR12,800 (3.593.59 USD) exclude insurance and others. Total will be MYR13,400 (3,762.04). So, it is a very nice price for a very nice bike!!

However, I am still waiting for sample bike to do a test ride. Should be in near time since the company still use the bike for promotion at other state as well.

Just wondering, I've been informed that this bike (KTN RS 250 in Malaysia) will get a carburetor version instead of FI system. I tried to get as many info as i could regarding the differences between these two system but in the end, I am kind of confusing. Of course there will be pro's and con's for both system, but which one is actually better in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

Can't wait to ride the bike!!
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I am very pleased you, and other international owners of the Zongshen RX3 are joining our thread.

The first generation of the Zongshen RX3 employs a carburetor. Many motorcycle owners prefer a carburetor rather than fuel injection. I'm sure your KTN RS 250 will run very well with a carburetor. The Zongshen RX3 imported by CSC Motorcycles to the United States will employ U.S. Delphi fuel injection.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-11-2015, 09:39 AM   #1268
Banned

Mitts?

Spud, I think gave a link for the mitts like hand warmers used in China. I didn't save it or order when I should (after seeing it). ANy chance I could get that again? I will look ack on here again to see if I can find it...
Also, any thread(s) or suggestions for tank bags, loop bags, etc for outfitting our new bikes for the ride back. I want to raise the seat, install highway pegs on the crash bars, and at least install a tank bag and rear loop bag.
ANy suggestions for other stuff I'll need PLEASE suggest them. I can then budget and study up on these suggestions before I come out to get the bike!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #1269
Banned

searching for mitts link:) and found this..

The fuel cooling issue is legit. The Yamaha Wr 250's have had quite a few owners having issues with fuel pump failures. They SUPPOSEDLY designed a new and improved more durable in tank pump, but there have been failures of these as well, apparently.

The larger 4 gallon capacity allows Zongshen to keep the pump cool(er) by not gauging the fuel as would be "normal" if it was accurate to actual quantity left in our tanks.
I wonder if there is a practical way to design a small "day tank" that would fit below the regular tank where it would have cooled (by air) fuel bathing it all the time.
Maybe when at CSC I can look at and purchase a spare pump to see what can be designed with this in mind, and offer it to those of us having any issues with our pumps. If Yamaha owners have much better luck with the upgraded pump, we may want to try adapting it to or bikes IF we have premature failures frequently.
The guts of the pumps are plastic or some type polymer, and so fail if they overheat, most likely.

I would really like to be able to use ALL 4 gallons without worrying about pump failure, though, when riding long distances, especially in remote areas (or hostile environments like deserts etc.)

Old 01-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I am very pleased you, and other international owners of the Zongshen RX3 are joining our thread.

The first generation of the Zongshen RX3 employs a carburetor. Many motorcycle owners prefer a carburetor rather than fuel injection. I'm sure your KTN RS 250 will run very well with a carburetor. The Zongshen RX3 imported by CSC Motorcycles to the United States will employ U.S. Delphi fuel injection.
Thank you Spud!! Kind of relieve to get an explanation from an experience rider like u.. Thumbs up for the quick reply!!

I will always look around for any news info from this site and will let you know for any update from Malaysia.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by classix_man View Post
Thank you Spud!! Kind of relieve to get an explanation from an experience rider like u.. Thumbs up for the quick reply!!

I will always look around for any news info from this site and will let you know for any update from Malaysia.

You are welcome. Please do keep us updated regarding the delivery of your bike in Malaysia.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
Spud, I think gave a link for the mitts like hand warmers used in China. I didn't save it or order when I should (after seeing it). ANy chance I could get that again? I will look ack on here again to see if I can find it...
Also, any thread(s) or suggestions for tank bags, loop bags, etc for outfitting our new bikes for the ride back. I want to raise the seat, install highway pegs on the crash bars, and at least install a tank bag and rear loop bag.
ANy suggestions for other stuff I'll need PLEASE suggest them. I can then budget and study up on these suggestions before I come out to get the bike!
The Tusk Hand Mitts get pretty good reviews, and they are very reasonably priced at $15.99.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...m=tusk%20mitts

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #1273

Thanks for the welcome Spud.

Hoping to have it in about 4 weeks time and will certainly post some photos. Though speed isn't a priority of mine I did opt for an orange one

I was interested to see the camouflaged version from CSC has hand guards. Does anyone know which ones they used, I think they would be ideal for a bit of wind protection .

thanks

here is a short UK review (page 21)

http://issuu.com/mortons-digital/docs/mcmsep14

Last edited by katflap; 01-11-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #1274
Banned

THX, Spud..Exactly what I was asking about in the other thread;)!!

Spud,
I MEANT to order a set for me for the trip back to Bama from CSC, in case of a cold snap or other adverse/cold riding!
Couldn't find the link b/c I couldn't remember which thread you had shown them to us in(!!!)! Senior moment, I guess...jeeezzz
Got it now tho, so THANKS much..

Does anyone know if CSC will mind if I (we ship farkles and or accessories like these to their address)? I don't know about luggage allowances, and certainly don't have a $75.00 extra in the budget for additional bag (each BAG , I believe), OUrsH!!

Hmmm, I'll call and email CSC re this idea (shipping address till we arrive for those flying and riding our bikes home, and or Baha riders).
I'll post up their answer and the address if they agree to let us do this...SUre would help!! I'm wanting to install a seat, hwy pegs, tank bag, GPS, loop tail bag, a larger rear topcase I have here in ABSthe mittens, a heated vest, socks, and associated plugs, wiring etc for it to function, helmet ( shipped in the topcase, hopefully), tools for the ride back, maintainance, set up, and installing farklles. Additionally what we may need for tire repair, and a reasonable amount of repairs from minor accidents/tipovers, and debugging a new motorcycle, and especially one new to USA period.
Hopefully we won't need any tools for that, but better to be prepared than not!

Old 01-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #1275
Banned

List of Accessories/suppliers anywhere?

Does anyone know of a list somewhere of the accessories CSC and or Zong offers for our RX-3's at this time? Anybody have a shop or connection to get a DEAL! on ADV gear not offered by CSC/Zong?

Should we inquire about group buying on these items that a large number of RX-3 early adopters are going to want to buy and have installed for our riding, hope, Baha, or otherwise?

Steve (I believe) told me there were about 200 buyers in our initial buyers group for the first deliveries. So, even if ONLY 10-15% of buyers want whatever adv gear or farkle from this group, thats 20-30 GBers...so a good number as compared to most GB's I've been a part of in the past.

That goes from a $400.00-$600.00 tune/reflashed ecu for 05-present Nissan Frontiers (in 2009) I organized with Uprev, which ended up with 5 or 6 buyers, I remember).I also participated in a turbo charger kit GBuy in 2007 by APS, an Austrailian company for our 350 Z's I was a participant of. It was approximately $6000.00 . Reflash was 6 people initially, and the turbo kit was over 20 buyers when it was closed. i BELIEVE it was shipped after about 60 days,however, it's been a while, and, my memory HAS absolutely DETEORIATED since then, along with other stuff as well! hehe...