Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #1

Which Motorcycle Should I Ride to Patagonia?

Don't know whether anyone is interested but I took a number of photos of the ZS200 which I can post here. One thing comes to mind - most of the distributorships are used to setting up relatively simple bikes- the RX3 from the sound of it is going to be somewhat different. Any thoughts on the dealerships being able to handle a more sophisticated bike? Asked in a different way- and since I have never owned a new bike before (all 2nd hand) is it a good idea to have a shop manual and go back and check what has been done on a new bike? Most notable reason for this question - on the side trim for a really pretty 200 today that I took shots of- the trim plastic was cracked to hell. Wondering why I felt the backside and yep right where the attachment points were bolted to the frame...granted it could be either poor plastic or maybe a tech with earbuds in groovin, lack of attention and over torque. The dealership here does not inspire a lot of confidence from this and a few other things I have seen.......if I was the sales manager I wold have changed this plastic trim before putting it on the showroom floor...

Expat

Last edited by SpudRider; 10-30-2014 at 01:00 PM.