Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #1

200-250 EFI Dual Sport [Florida]

Hi, thought I’d check here if anyone is selling before I place my order.

Looking for a 200-250 EFI Dual Sport.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #2

I think the two choices would be Lifan X-Pect 200 or Hawk 250 DLX. Only two Chinese EFI dual-sports in the US (so far). Logistics will factor in if the seller is far from you vs. $2k for a new X-Pect or DLX shipped to you. Good luck on your search!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I think the two choices would be Lifan X-Pect 200 or Hawk 250 DLX. Only two Chinese EFI dual-sports in the US (so far). Logistics will factor in if the seller is far from you vs. $2k for a new X-Pect or DLX shipped to you. Good luck on your search!
Yep.

I’m about to pull the trigger on the Lifan X-Pect. Got my Amazon account loaded and ready.

Figured I’d check if anyone had a used something or other first but patience is not my strong suite.

So I guess I’ll buy the Lifan right now.

Buying from Moto Pro.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:18 PM   #4

I believe they are the same company as Powersportsmax.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-28-2021, 08:42 PM   #5

Quote:
I believe they are the same company as Powersportsmax.com
I think you’re right.

It’s the same marketing on Amazon and on powersportsmax.com. I also paid the same price. Just under $2k delivered.

They already contacted me about shipping details and stuff so that’s a good sign that they have good customer service.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
I think you’re right.

It’s the same marketing on Amazon and on powersportsmax.com. I also paid the same price. Just under $2k delivered.

They already contacted me about shipping details and stuff so that’s a good sign that they have good customer service.
They are hit or miss, BUT I don't recall anyone actually feeling 'dirty' dealing with them in the same way some here feel about dealing with Manny or one of his Texas dealerships such as TXPowersports. In a bit of fairness, there have been people who had straight-forward dealings with one of the Manny stores (he has a few in Texas), but some have had negative experiences.

Powersportsmax has not been as controversial overall, but does have a few detractors, including one angry member not too long ago. I have a feeling your Lifan will be fine. Most products are drop-shipped from the distributor no matter the retailer purchased from, and a lot of the bad blood comes from the transport company. I think whoever delivers from Lifan's HQ has been good.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #7

Quote:
They are hit or miss, BUT I don't recall anyone actually feeling 'dirty' dealing with them in the same way some here feel about dealing with Manny or one of his Texas dealerships such as TXPowersports. In a bit of fairness, there have been people who had straight-forward dealings with one of the Manny stores (he has a few in Texas), but some have had negative experiences.

Powersportsmax has not been as controversial overall, but does have a few detractors, including one angry member not too long ago. I have a feeling your Lifan will be fine. Most products are drop-shipped from the distributor no matter the retailer purchased from, and a lot of the bad blood comes from the transport company. I think whoever delivers from Lifan's HQ has been good.
That’s great!! Thank you for the insight into this company.

Now I just have to do some reading up on what to do with the bike when it arrives.

I know I need to use some Rotella oil, change it often at first. Maybe do a valve clearance adjustment. Check chain tension. Check for any loose nuts and bolts. I assume PowersportsMax assemblies them well though?

Chain tension used to get me on my old bikes all the time. I’ve actually thrown a chain on my old Ninja ZX-7. Went to pour it on to pass a car, got out along side them and vroom!!!! Redline and slowing down. Ha ha ha. Got it back on and rode home in embarrassment. Ha ha

Old 03-01-2021, 08:22 PM   #8

I actually have a feeling Lifan assembles these; either that or most people purchase from Powersportsmax or their Amazon presence and they do the assembly. My friend used to be the US distributor for the TMEC 200 Enduro, a nice dual-sport. Later on, Sunright.net became the US distributor when my friend became the US distributor of TGB scooters. Towards the end of the batch of TMEC bikes, my friend assembled and shipped the bikes himself because he found too many people had issues with the bikes when they did it themselves. That is probably one of the main reasons CSC sends out fully assembles their bikes. American Lifan already has a quality bike taking the 'Chinese' into account, and have an overall great reputation, so why risk that goodwill with someone posting all kinds of negative things?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-02-2021, 11:50 AM   #9

Here is something to add to the collective wisdom. Here is some of the shipping information. It originated in Texas. What’s in Texas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0D698763-F60D-4F69-AE68-929D38B2CB14.jpeg (147.5 KB, 155 views)

Old 03-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #10

I wonder if American Lifan or Powersportmax (or their Amazon affiliate) have the warehouse in Carrollton, TX? American Lifan used to have their headquarters in the Dallas area before they went out of business in 2010; they regrouped and came back in the L.A. area where they introduced their 100c Pony. So could still own and maintain a warehouse in Texas for regional logistic reasons.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150