Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2024, 09:58 PM   #1

Head Scratching Orion RXB-250L H.O. -v- Lifan KPX 250

I am looking for another bike-been riding my modified Hawk 250 for 3 years now and still loving it; just wanting a little more...oomph. Especially when packing luggage, which is far to difficult on the Hawk, especially with an upgrade exhaust.

Anyway, I have been spec'ing the new Orion RXB 250L H.O. It seems like a pretty solid built bike, more aluminum, 249cc and 24HP. The price at OrionPowerSports.com is $3299.00 and it arrives fully assembled. It's a bit more than I was anticipating and then I stumbled across a YT video by Motocheeze about the Lifan KPX 250 and also saw JerryHawks YT video of the side by side comparison between the Hawk and the KPX 250. Both spoke very highly of the KPX 250 and I was impressed as they advertised the bike for around $2800.

Then, I went to VenomSports.com and the KPX is listed for $3199.00 and on Amazon they are $3699.00
In my inexperienced and ignorant opinion (not ever owning a KPX 250 or Orion) it seems to me that an all steel frame, swing arms, and rims w/ only 20HP just isn't worth $3199.00. I get that the KPX is superior to the Hawk but it does not seems to be superior to the Orion which is only $100 more and comes fully assembled???

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Possibly owners of either of these models?

Thanks very much for any input, trying to make the correct decision w/o wasting money.
-Piglife

Tags
kpx 250, lifan, orion, rxb-250l