Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 12:19 PM   #1

New SuperMotard from QingQi, would like info?

Hi!

I am new to these Chinabikes and I am probably going to buy one instead of a XT600E, because of the economy (both purchase and fuel)

But I am right now looking at a QingQi 200cc SuperMotard which looks awsome!

The problem is that I have not found any info on it, I know that one can use Suzuki parts in Qingqi 200 Offroad (GY200)

but what is this bike a copy of?? or is it their own design??!?!

Heres a link to it:
http://www.qingqi.com.cn/ebusiness/e...&productid=349

and another
http://www.bimar.se/item_show.asp?code_no=q200m

if anyone has more info or any other bike that are similar to this one please share.

btw, i have sources telling me this has around 20 hp could it be true?
is it enough?

Old 12-31-2006, 07:48 AM   #2

Welcome aboard CT!

United Motors also makes a supermoto. Here's the link for theirs:

http://www.dreyercycle.com/new_vehic...sc=Motorcycles

I've looked at these and thought they would be great fun. Good luck in your search.

There does seem to be much debate within the motorcycle world about power for a street bike. what fun is there in owning a Hayabusa when you will be breaking the speed limit in first or second gear? I prefer a smaller displacement bike that you can ride aggressively, wringing as much power from as you can, and still be (mostly) legal. One of my favorite bikes over the years was a CB-125 Honda that I made into a cafe racer. When the roads got twisty it could hang with anything.

Racing is different. You would want the maximum power in the lightest bike that is legal for the class that you are running. If you are looking for one of these bikes to compete in supermoto I think it would be a great Beginner/C class bike. And it would be cheap enough to not worry about sliding it down the pavement or dirt during the learning process.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps,
G.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #3

Hi there!

Thanks, you cleared most of my questionsmarks for me

I have a Yamaha tzr 125 for now, just to have anything to ride on (have had a 400cc too) and it is a sport-bike, and it is not that fun at all, you can't go offroad.

And I am thinking supermoto since I will be riding very much to and from work which is a standard road with 90km/h (around 45 mph i think)
but with the supermoto I have the ability to go offroad (with dusty roads and light terrain)
if I get a offroad tires and new alloys then I can use the bike as a pure offroad.

so I get much for my money (at least I think so)

but is there anyone who knows what these bikes are duplicate of?

Old 12-31-2006, 10:16 AM   #4

Hej CyberTron!
Skulle du inte skaffa en 600?
The Motard bike is essentially the same as the GY.
It has different rear and front fenders, smaller front wheel, street tires, different headlight housing, upside down front fork and black painted engine and swingarm. The engine is the same as the GY, around 16 Hp.
Suzuki DR200 engine parts fit.
I think it has a very nice design. The question is if it´s worth 3000 SEK more than the GY?

PS. Jag är fortfarande helnöjd med min ;-) DS.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #5

jo jag skulle ha en 600....men har börjat ångra mig (bränsle)

well, to translate, I was going to buy a XT600E but has changed my mind, mostly becuase of my economy

thanks catastrophix for the info, well, I am thinking that this bike suits my purpose better than the pure offroad..

and it is availible in pure black!

yummy

So, you are still happy with your bike then, any problems?
have own
TMS (qingqi) Offroad 200cc -07 (died after 6000km)
Yamaha XS 400 -82
Suzuki TS50X -94

Old 12-31-2006, 11:12 AM   #6

Not a single problem so far. The exhaustbolt losened on my Lifan 50cc moped after 2600 km, thats the only problem my chinese made vehicles have had so far.
Just realised that now I have 3 chinese made vehicles, one japanese made, one made in Sweden, two made in Finland and two Korean made!

Where did you get the info that the engine now has 20Hp? Trendimport lowered the price on the GY down to 13500 SEK but now it´s up to 14900SEK again.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #7

well, i got that info from roger , owns bimar.se

e said the bike will be in by february
have own
Yamaha XS 400 -82
Suzuki TS50X -94

Old 12-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #8

I bought my bike from him. He´s not so fast when it comes to registration of the bike and so on, but he seems to be easy to deal with.
(Ta uppgiften med en nypa salt)

Old 01-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #9

found the bike which the Qingqi must be built from, and not suprising it is Suzuki

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcyc...-A0121-171.pdf
have own
Yamaha XS 400 -82
Suzuki TS50X -94

Old 01-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #10

3K for a 200cc motard? I've seen used motarded XR400s fo less in nice shape, nicely done. To me, motard fun needs a big, torquey motor, but I understand the need for economy! The 80 mpg my little 200cc Diamo DP bike gets is greatly appreciated at times. Just doing my part to keep green house gases down, and, more importantly, my pocket book solvent. I think I'd sell my SV650 before I sold that little 200. It's too necessary to me right now.

Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #11

Hi there,
well, xr400's aren't streetlegal in sweden (at least not many)

and like you said, I agree that a "real" motard should have a big engine ofcourse!!

But I am going to use this bike as a transportation (which I guess most use these china bikes for) on standard roads and (also) a little fun on the dirtroads (not quite the right word? )
and for now i think this bike is nicer than the pure dualsports that are more suited for the offroad riding.

and 18000sek (or 2500$) is cheap in sweden, and includes registration fees and taxes.
A XR600 or XT600 costs around 30000sek (or 4300$) and that is a lot of gas / parts!!
have own
Yamaha XS 400 -82
Suzuki TS50X -94

Old 01-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #12

Well, you can street legalize a XR here pretty easy with a DP kit (lighting kit and horn). But, yeah, they're cheap here because it's a popular thing to do.

I used to chat with a guy in Norway. The taxes and laws and stuff over there make owning a vehicle an expensive proposition. He was always buying old used junk. Personally, I'd rather have a brand new Chinese bike than old junk. I think small bikes are going to get a lot more popular at least as second bikes here in the US as gas prices go up. I know I'm appreciating it. My old GoldWing and my SV650 get neglected. I'm always on that little 200 around town.

Those little tards do look cool. I need my dirt tires for riding on my place. I have some property out of town and use the bike for hunting and general chores on the place. I don't raise anything down there, just got it for hunting, but when it's wet like it is now and you don't have 4 wheel drive, you either have a dirt bike or walk. I have feeders out down there and haul 100 lbs of corn at a time on the back of it, water up to the base gasket on the motor. I guess I could own an ATV, but that's for people that can't ride motorcycles. Besides, I'd never use it otherwise other than down there because it's not street legal. It's 30 miles down there and I can strap the corn on and ride down there at 80 mpg and only burn 0.8 gallons of gas.

I have a little KX80 tard that I road race (avatar pic). Built that one. I like riding tards, but haven't been able to afford a KTM or something like that. Might think about a Chinese one in the future, myself, but with the off road requirements, I'm better off with the little DP I think. Weren't for that, the motard would be a LOT of fun!

I bet the motards are geared better than the DP bikes for the street, too. I had to go down 10 teeth on the rear on mine and if it weren't for my need for off road gearing, it could stand another 4 teeth reduction. But, I'm afraid if I go any taller on the gearing, I'll be too tall in first gear in the mud.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:21 AM   #13

Prices (new bikes) in Sweden:

XR125L 31 000 SEK or 4 409 USD
RM-Z250 72 900 SEK or 10 370 USD
XT600X 69 900 SEK or 9 943 USD
XT660R 59 900 SEK or 8 520 USD
DR-Z400E 64 900 SEK or 9 232 USD (don´t know the price of the M model)
HD FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide 252 900 SEK or 35 974 USD

Qingqi 200 GY 14 900 SEK or 2 119 USD
Qingqi 200 Motard 18 000 SEK or 2 560 USD

(One USD is currently about 7,03 SEK)

Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #14

I have been watching this post, I am suprised at the cost for bikes in Sweden. I am curious, what would a 2000 H-D FLHS might go for there used? I am in the market to sell mine, I don't want to make a killing, just want to get something more than what a dealer would give me trade in value. It has a little over 45,000 miles. My '98 I sold I made $1,500.00 more than purchased, but the market is not as crazy now as then.

H-D went crazy here just after I bought my first '79 FXR for $3000, rode it 3 years and sold it for $4,500, bought a 86' FLHTC for $7,000 rode it 6 years and sold it for $8500, what a crazy phenonomen. When I started into street if ya paid more than $1,300 for a sportster it was to much. LOL and back in '79 was the bowling ball days, they made no improvements and the QC sucked, geeee lets put valves in with garbage seals so when the engine warms the vavles build up baked on oil and stick. When you just buy your first used harley at 19 (and it has 2700 miles on it) with the money you were saving to buy a reliable car LOL and ya think it blew up, makes for a bad day, thankfully my VW bug still ran.

What we do to ride, my dad was pissed, but he got over it when I sold it at a profit. tzrider what year is your Wing? One last question, why do we all have this passion for bikes, is it some gene thing?

Old 01-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #15

The new 200 Gy model:

http://www.trendimport.se/system/sea...1942417133.jpg

CyberTron: they´ve raised the motard to 19 990 SEK now.....