Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #91

Yeah see this is where my foggieness about electricity math fails me as I don't think I'm asking right, however the things I wanted to know were indeed answered. I can run a couple of low watt LED's and expect to be within normal limits and still get good light. Sweet!

I think I'm set then on a 7" 36W lightbar, if it doesn't work I'll slap it on the tractor or golf cart and go even smaller.

Thanks again guys!
Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #92

Stator fan and cover replaced - need bolts for them

Ok I snagged this pic somewhere and the things I have replaced are the fan and the cover. Where does the tube that comes out of the top the cover connect to? And the second question is what size bolts hold on the fan and fan cover. (This ATV came with neither)

Thanks!!
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stator assembly.jpg (20.1 KB, 122 views)

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #93

I had to contort myself in my messy shop to remove a bolt. You owe me a beer. IPA is my preference, please.

I removed the four o'clock position bolt, and found it to be 25mm long (not counting the head), with a 6.0x1.0 thread. BTW, that is a very common fastener for many things on a China quad or dirt bike. I have a selection of bolts with that thread in several different lengths. I'm partial to stainless socket head cap screws for just about any application on my machines.

The tube goes nowhere. Mine is as pictured.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #94

I think you can power 36 watts. Will you be running a tail light?

Old 09-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #95

That tube attaches to nothing on the buggy.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I had to contort myself in my messy shop to remove a bolt. You owe me a beer. IPA is my preference, please.

I removed the four o'clock position bolt, and found it to be 25mm long (not counting the head), with a 6.0x1.0 thread. BTW, that is a very common fastener for many things on a China quad or dirt bike. I have a selection of bolts with that thread in several different lengths. I'm partial to stainless socket head cap screws for just about any application on my machines.

The tube goes nowhere. Mine is as pictured.
Anytime you're down here in the sticks I'll put a few beers in you.

Thanks for the measurements! I have many screws/bolts to replace.

Which brings me to a possible problem on the flywheel. I purchased a Lefthand 27mm flywheel removal thing so I could examine the stator, but when I attempt to screw it in it gives me the feeling of the threads on the flywheel are stripped, even after a drop of lubricant on the threads. It's like smooth smooth smooth suddenly really tight. If I do get it to where it seems like it is threading correctly up to about 1/2" to 3/4" it just pulls straight out with little pressure. Is there any other way to get the flywheel off in the event it is stripped (before me or even by me cuz I'm a bruiser?)? Perhaps the classic 3 claw type?

One step forward, two steps back! Thanks for the help though, more questions on the way.

Jim

Old 09-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #97

Progress!!

Ok so the ATV has had a bunch done to it, but the only thing I have pictures of at the moment is the EPA tube removal and weld plug. Since it was a very small weld and because I think my current MIG welder is malfunctioning (or I have it setup wrong) I did this one with my Oxy-Acetylene set.

Here they are the thing to be cutoff

...the pipe showing it cutoff...

and the weld plug.

Thanks!
Jim

PS Did you notice I figured out how to put text in between the pictures? :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust extras.jpg (54.1 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg epa tube cutoff.jpg (28.7 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg epa tube welded shut.jpg (41.5 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by tankme; 09-05-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
I think you can power 36 watts. Will you be running a tail light?
I'm really hoping so as well. I had not planned to have a tail light, I think I see all the headlight and taillight total wattage on some of the diagrams I have seen adding up to about 70-75w total. I'll have no taillight but I might want a 12 accessory plug to power a handheld spotlight occasionally. We'll see how it goes bit by bit.

Thanks!
Jim

Old 09-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
Anytime you're down here in the sticks I'll put a few beers in you.

Thanks for the measurements! I have many screws/bolts to replace.

Which brings me to a possible problem on the flywheel. I purchased a Lefthand 27mm flywheel removal thing so I could examine the stator, but when I attempt to screw it in it gives me the feeling of the threads on the flywheel are stripped, even after a drop of lubricant on the threads. It's like smooth smooth smooth suddenly really tight. If I do get it to where it seems like it is threading correctly up to about 1/2" to 3/4" it just pulls straight out with little pressure. Is there any other way to get the flywheel off in the event it is stripped (before me or even by me cuz I'm a bruiser?)? Perhaps the classic 3 claw type?

One step forward, two steps back! Thanks for the help though, more questions on the way.

Jim
I had another look at your flywheel, and have a couple of thoughts. First, no offence intended when I ask, are you certain that the thread are left-hand?

Assuming the threads are left hand and stripped, perhaps you can make a puller that uses the tapped holes. One idea might be to use a piece of thick plate and drill holes that allow you to bolt it to the flywheel. Find the center of the plate / crankshaft, and drill and tap a hole in the center that is similar in size to what the puller uses. Let's say for starters that you select 3/8" fine thread. Screw a 3/8" fine thread bolt into the plate, allowing it to contact the crankshaft, and figure out how to hold the plate still. This might be a good time for an impact.

I hope that works for you.

Name:  Jim's Quad Flywheel.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  45.7 KB

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
Ok so the ATV has had a bunch done to it, but the only thing I have pictures of at the moment is the EPA tube removal and weld plug. Since it was a very small weld and because I think my current MIG welder is malfunctioning (or I have it setup wrong) I did this one with my Oxy-Acetylene set.
I need to get some time on an Oxy-Acetylene setup. I have a small Oxy-MAP setup here, and it's time I try it.

Please show us your welder. Perhaps we can assist with setup.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I had another look at your flywheel, and have a couple of thoughts. First, no offence intended when I ask, are you certain that the thread are left-hand?
No it's a good question, I'm not sure my decision model was based in facts, but coincidences and consistencies. Hmm, well looking back when I first started looking at them (flywheel removal tools) the only ones I was finding on different websites, ebay, amazon, atv and scooter sites were all 27mm Left Hand thread. That was the initial 'this must be standard' thing. I didn't have anything 27mm right handed things laying around to test otherwise. I suppose that's the full picture of the crash scene.

Do they come in right hand thread? I suppose at this point I need to know simply for the replacement I'll need to obtain...and after looking it up they are sub $20 thank goodness. Or if it is actually left hand thread I can chase them from the back side with the puller if I don't warp the flywheel in the process of getting it off. Either way more fun on the way!

Continuing on!
Jim

Old 09-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #102

I think the short answer is yes, they also come in right hand thread, but I'm not sure if they ever ended up on GY6 motors. You'll need to examine the flywheel threads to be sure.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #103

Okay everybody i have a 07 150cc shineray speede and it wont fire. Im only 15 and dont have enough money to take it anywhere to be fixed. I meed some info on how to order parts for it. And some help on why it wont fire

Old 03-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #104

Post pictures of the bike and engine. No spark at the plug? First thing is to check your kill switch, brake lever switch and kickstand switch to make sure they are working properly.

And you might want to start your own thread here in the forum so we can keep everything together for you.

/

Old 03-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #105

Welcome. Likely a GY6 like what is in this thread. Parts are easy and cheap to get.

Recommend you start your own thread and we will help you find the problem.