Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #31

I've read the 12” wheel speedo calibration setting/value should be 045 but I can't confirm. Not sure about any of your other questions.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:08 AM   #32

So so sorry guys my wife ended up in the hospital (all is well). Our rep said just call Tao Tao directly. I told him that wasnt work for you guys. So he is going to make some calls and see what he can do for us. He has always been very quick with reply unlike me! Again sorry guys!

2015 Subaru Brz -track day and autocross toy.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftDX View Post
Got my speedometer in today, almost plug n play. The stock speedo has a female plug leading to the speedo wire, where as the new speedo has the male plug instead. All I did was hack off the plugs and swap them. Seems to be working nicely. Nice and bright! Also had two more single wires I didn’t find homes for on the new speedo but I just taped them off. Everything seems to be working as in indicators too. Not a bad buy.
Did you order the 4 speed or the 5 speed? What code did you use for calibrating the speedo?

Thanks

Old 04-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
So so sorry guys my wife ended up in the hospital (all is well). Our rep said just call Tao Tao directly. I told him that wasnt work for you guys. So he is going to make some calls and see what he can do for us. He has always been very quick with reply unlike me! Again sorry guys!
What number?

I've called the number listed on their site (1-855-675-2626) at different times throughout the last couple of weeks and just get a recording saying no one is available.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tswan0910 View Post
So I have a taotao hellcat as well and had to buy the samdo speedometer too. You say it was plug and play but when I first plugged mine in the 3rd and 4th gear wires needed swapped around (no big deal) just curious if you had to do that? Also my speedo is reading zero after the plug swap. Did yours work right away or maybe I got a defective speedo? Also what calibration setting do you have? Any help would be appreciated

I have the same problem. Which wires need to be swapped?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
I have the same problem. Which wires need to be swapped?
Same problem as well. Any info? Also, does anyone have a picture or diagram of stock speed pickup wire colors and orientation? Thanks.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #37

Yes. Another user posted a diagram on the cluster and which wire corresponds to which gear. I can post the diagram when I get home but if you can't wait just do a search it is in the street forums

Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #38

Here it is. I can't find the original post but this was the image posted in it.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:52 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftDX View Post
Got my speedometer in today, almost plug n play. The stock speedo has a female plug leading to the speedo wire, where as the new speedo has the male plug instead. All I did was hack off the plugs and swap them. Seems to be working nicely. Nice and bright! Also had two more single wires I didn’t find homes for on the new speedo but I just taped them off. Everything seems to be working as in indicators too. Not a bad buy.
When you sliced the speedo wires to the plug that came with the new speedo, what color wires from the sending unit went to what color wires on the speedo? Do you have a picture?
Thanks,
Dan-O
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Tags
125cc, hellcat, speedometer, tao tao