Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2024, 10:14 AM   #3706

Long underwear. Major deep freeze coming. Heading to the grocery store later on, B4 everyone else does at the last minute.

I am operating on the assumption that the power will go out, and I better have a Plan B.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 01-09-2024, 11:10 AM   #3707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
I bought myself a year of hell ! I got a 6 week old yellow lab and he is trouble ! Needle teeth ,needle claws ,daughter put him in a kids playpen and he escapes over the top no problem ,gets on the couch from the floor ,jumps from the couch back to the floor ,stairs are no problem up or down ,the bastard is very young at 6 weeks and none of our other labs have been able to do that when we got them at 8 weeks .He is fearless ,and he eats like a pig ! We have had 120lb labs and I am impressed with this little tub of lards eating ability lol. He is awesome though !
Wanna talk needle claws? How about 3.5 month old kittens.... these guys showed up in our lives 3.5 months ago, found as strays still wet behind the ears literally...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240106_202818.jpg (1.60 MB, 6 views)

Old 01-09-2024, 11:41 AM   #3708

Quote:
I bought myself a year of hell ! I got a 6 week old yellow lab and he is trouble ! Needle teeth ,needle claws ,daughter put him in a kids playpen and he escapes over the top no problem ,gets on the couch from the floor ,jumps from the couch back to the floor ,stairs are no problem up or down ,the bastard is very young at 6 weeks and none of our other labs have been able to do that when we got them at 8 weeks .He is fearless ,and he eats like a pig ! We have had 120lb labs and I am impressed with this little tub of lards eating ability lol. He is awesome though !
Oh boy! Just did this with Spot a couple years back! My arms are still recovering. They aren't teeth, they're shards of broken glass in a mobile, snapping vice!
Our friends just went through "puppy" with a male Golden Retriever. He's great now and a total sweetheart....at 120 pound of pure Pooping Machine.
Good luck Bruces! Harbor Freight has arm gators. I suggest a pair.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-09-2024, 02:15 PM   #3709

You got a whole wrecking crew Bogieboy ,cats are a pretty easy pet to own ,not much fun at camp or in the pool though .

Old 01-09-2024, 02:17 PM   #3710

10 gallons of gas. Went to fill up the snowblower and all the cans were empty.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-09-2024, 02:24 PM   #3711

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post

I snotted coffee out my nose reading this. I read it to Mrs.C and she did the same, only with tea.
If I remember correctly ,you got your Buster slightly used ,which is what I would have liked ,I missed one that was 6 months old ,would have helped with the pain we are into now .This was supposed to happen last spring ,but my wife and daughter refused to give my son back his dog .He came home early November ,grabbed his dog while they were at work ,and is so pissed at them he doesn’t think he will ever have anything to do with them again .
Anyways the house just felt wrong without a four legged friend ,I took care of that and some smiles have returned to the grumpy faces around me .

Old 01-09-2024, 03:49 PM   #3712

Quote:
You got a whole wrecking crew Bogieboy ,cats are a pretty easy pet to own ,not much fun at camp or in the pool though .
Oh in addition to those 2 cute littke terrors we have a 4 yr old and a 17 yr old cavalier king charles spaniel pair as well....

Old 01-09-2024, 04:25 PM   #3713

Quote:
If I remember correctly ,you got your Buster slightly used ,which is what I would have liked ,I missed one that was 6 months old ,would have helped with the pain we are into now .This was supposed to happen last spring ,but my wife and daughter refused to give my son back his dog .He came home early November ,grabbed his dog while they were at work ,and is so pissed at them he doesn’t think he will ever have anything to do with them again .
Anyways the house just felt wrong without a four legged friend ,I took care of that and some smiles have returned to the grumpy faces around me .
Yes, Buster was used. On one hand, the most well behaved dog to ever shed hair in our home/car/camper. On the other hand, kind of boring. If Buster is in another room and quiet, he’s asleep. The last two knuckleheads, though, they’d be getting into some kind of mischief. The short for his weight beagle was always the instigator, while the Wilt Chamberlain of Italian greyhounds would be the one getting caught.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-09-2024, 08:49 PM   #3714

I had to see my k9 friend of 16 years to the other side right before Christmas. I miss him dearly. The silence is deafening.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 01-10-2024, 07:17 AM   #3715

Sorry for your loss.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-10-2024, 12:04 PM   #3716

I don't mean to be a downer. The healing process is in progress and I do appreciate the positivity.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 01-10-2024, 01:18 PM   #3717

I need to get the smoker street legal. It needs lights/mirrors/and a horn. The plan is to go with a fully led lit system and a Lithium battery isolated from the engine ignition system. The bike has no key (just a kill button), so I will add a 4 wire ignition key to open/close the ignition circuit separately from the lighting system. I found that there is a vacant battery compartment under the seat. Cool! I can run a charging wire from there to an accessible location for charging the battery. There are a variety of left handlebar lighting/horn switch assemblies out there, so I can run off road without lights, have turn signal control and a horn button. This will be designed to fit on any Chinese bike even though this one is Austrian, so I am going to post this system build. I can upgrade the stator and add a charging system at some point if the battery doesn't like getting discharged and then recharged at night. But I think this will work OK without all of that.

So I started with a headlight assembly. It's a Polysport Halo Halogen, but will fit the led replacement "bulb" so I can stay low amperage/wattage in the lighting system.

H4headlightAssy.jpg

I found a tidy tail that can bolt under the stock fender (3 small bolts). I tested the lights on a car battery and the running lights get brighter when you charge the brake light wire, and there are three white lights aiming down to illuminate the licence plate. Perfect!

taillight.jpg

Next step was to get a hydraulic brakelight switch. I found this one which has 10mm 1.25 pitch threads and should work. I will soon find out. I will tap the front brake master cylinder since I want the wiring up away from the engine.

HydraulicBrakelightSwitch.jpg

Last edited by Thumper; 01-10-2024 at 03:00 PM.

Old 01-10-2024, 01:46 PM   #3718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I need to get the smoker street legal. It needs lights/mirrors/and a horn. The plan is to go with a fully led lit system and a Lithium battery isolated from the engine ignition system. The bike has no key (just a kill button), so I will add a 4 wire ignition key to open/close the ignition circuit separately from the lighting system. I found that there is a vacan battery compartment under the seat. Cool! I can run a charging wire from there to an accessible location for charging the battery. There are a variety of left handlebar lighting/horn switch assemblies out there, so I can run off road without lights, have turn signal control and a horn button. This will be designed to fit on any Chinese bike even though this one is Austrian, so I am going to post this system build. I can upgrade the stator and add a charging system at some point if the battery doesn't like getting discharged and then recharged at night. But I think this will work OK without all of that.

So I started with a headlight assembly. It's a Polysport Halo Halogen, but will fit the led replacement "bulb" so I can stay low amperage/wattage in the lighting system.

Attachment 30632

I found a tidy tail that can bolt under the stock fender (3 small bolts). I tested the lights on a car battery and the running lights get brighter when you charge the brake light wire, and there are three white lights aiming down to illuminate the licence plate. Perfect!

Attachment 30633

Next step was to get a hydraulic brakelight switch. I found this on which has 10mm 1.25 pitch threads and should work. I will soon find out. I will tap the front brake master cylinder since I want the wiring

Attachment 30634
I think that should work out.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-11-2024, 11:45 AM   #3719

A one year membership in a bicycle club I used to belong to almost forty years ago. We'll see if this was a good idea or not.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-11-2024, 10:32 PM   #3720

And renewed my passport. Jeez, that's getting expensive.

Way back in 2001, before 9/11, I was working in South Africa and my passport was going to expire before I was to return home.(poor planning on MTM's part). I went to the US Consulate in Durban and got my passport renewed in four hours for the princely sum of $35. And MTM paid for it.

Security at the front desk was, "Please empty your pockets". If I recall, I had two pocket knives, 150 Rand in coins, a shoot and share digital camera, my wallet with about 500 Rand, my keys, some nuts and bolts, and a 13mm wrench. The knives, the camera, the keys, the nuts and bolts, and the wrench went into a basket that stayed at the desk. As I was putting crap back in my pockets when I was leaving, one of the two guards said that he thought my Opinel pocket knife was cool and asked how my pants were staying up. No attitude, no intimidation.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800