Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #7

I was looking over the Phoenix Craigslist at the 'local' to me Lifan dealer (I am literally the same distance to San Diego as I am to Phoenix) has some good deals from time to time. They have the X-Pect 200 in stock. They also state, "... this baby is STREET LEGAL in ALL states INCLUDING California." I know they aren't Turbo Powersports in Orange County who also use to state this in their Craigslist ad a few months ago in regards to the X-Pect (I called them, and they were apologetic and said they changed it--they are on the up and up so I am sure it wasn't trying to 'trick' Californians as they would be on the hook anyway), so I am sure Californians won't be driving all the way to Phoenix to purchase an X-Pect. But it is misinformation, and if someone was going to act on it, I sure hope they call first. On a side note, I am tempted to drive to Phoenix to purchase one of these for the November 9th Wickenburg, AZ ride that member Musictrek is organizing.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/m...972888027.html

The only way that one can legally register a Chinabike in California would be someone moving there with an existing bike they own and have plated in their prior state. OK, a dealer can get California 'dealer' plates for a Chinabike, but I am sure none do. We had a member move from Indiana to northern California with his TMEC 200 Enduro several years back, and he posted a couple videos of him riding the TMEC among the redwoods on YouTube, but he never responded to me asking about the registration process, etc. and he stopped posting here and on YouTube, or at least videos with the TMEC. A question I have is can a legally California registered Chinabike now be sold to someone else?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
apollo 250cc, beginner, db36, enduro, new bike