Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #61

Ride it into the ground and have fun doing it, Spud.

Has Fall arrived in your neck of the woods yet? It's cooling off here. I don't like it. :?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Ride it into the ground and have fun doing it, Spud. ...
Thanks for the encouragement, Doc; that's my plan!
Quote:
...Has Fall arrived in your neck of the woods yet? It's cooling off here. I don't like it. :?
Yes, Fall arrived with a vengeance on Wednesday. :( I'm afraid the really good riding weather is gone for this year. :evil: I will dress more warmly, and continue to ride, but I prefer to ride when the temperatures are in the eighties, and higher. This is why I made my 3-day excursion to the Great Basin while the weather was still warm.

Speaking of excursions, I also decided to make a 2-day trip to Idaho's Lost River Range and Lemhi Range of mountains before the weather turned cooler this year. It was a beautiful trip; perhaps I should post a ride report?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #63

Of course you should post a ride report!

On the Zong, may I suggest a cheap generic handlebar mounted windshield, and a good electric vest, and a sense of humor. Even in your neck of the woods, you'll get an extra month riding at the end and again at the beginning of the season. 8)

I ride 10 month/year, but I have a milder climate, and a Gold Wing with heated grips, feet, legs, and seat. Cheating. :P

Also, I can ride off road almost all year on Q as the speeds are low and the physical workload is higher.

Never say die, Spud.

I'd rather freeze on a bike than be warm on a cage.

But I'm an odd duck. :roll:

Old 10-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #64

Quote:
Of course you should post a ride report!...
I am teaching a motorcycle rider safety class for Idaho STAR this weekend. However, I will post my ride report after the class is finished.
Quote:
…On the Zong, may I suggest a cheap generic handlebar mounted windshield, and a good electric vest, and a sense of humor. Even in your neck of the woods, you'll get an extra month riding at the end and again at the beginning of the season. 8)

I ride 10 month/year, but I have a milder climate, and a Gold Wing with heated grips, feet, legs, and seat. Cheating. :P …
Yes, that is cheating! I rode the Zong every month last year. As long as the roads are clear, I will try to do the same this year.
Quote:
…Also, I can ride off road almost all year on Q as the speeds are low and the physical workload is higher…
We received snow in the mountains several days ago, Doc. However, it will melt in a few days, and I will still get some trail riding done before they gate off the mountain roads for the winter.
Quote:
…Never say die, Spud.

I'd rather freeze on a bike than be warm on a cage….
Amen!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #65

The weather has suddenly turned colder here in Idaho. I am truly glad I made my trip to the Great Salt Lake while the weather was nice.

You can spend a lot of time exploring the fun trails that lead off Skyline Drive. I made this trip last year, with my stock, factory Zong. The trip this year was even more enjoyable riding my more trailworthy YamaZong.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220