Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
I saw the mod on here for 2LZ's angle iron hitch before I bought my Rhino... it looked good enough for me to consider doing this to a Chinese ATV... it was one of the things that pushed me to get the Rhino. Had to be hitch friendly to suit my purpose for getting one VS a used name brand ATV.

When it arrived I looked the rear over good and the angle iron route still seemed to be the best way to do it. It had to be strong enough to avoid up and down stress and side to side stress on the hitch. It also had to be done in a way that didn't depend on one mount point that would possibly break some of the not so great welds.

2LZ's mod was simple enough to make and looked strong enough. After using it for two and a half seasons it's held up great. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18599

The last thing you want is this sort of stuff failing when you need it.... worse yet having it damage the frame in the process.
NICE! I don't know how I missed this thread. I thought I saw one before where the angle iron was welded on. No go for me... no welding here at least for now.

But this looks doable. Can't wait to get the new unit and slap one of these on! THANKS

Old 05-27-2018, 10:35 PM   #47

Yup it's a no weld mod. I have a welder didn't need it. A hacksaw and a drill is all you need.

For the winch mount I welded the brackets... I have seen it done here without welding.