Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #1

Rhino Stock LED Headlights

I thought prospective Rhino buyers would like to know that apparently they have recently upgraded the stock headlights to LED. I've read posts where everyone else seems to have had to upgrade b/c theirs didn't have them, including Darth who just got his a couple months before me, and from the same dealer TX Motorsports. I guess this is very recent, and again, just thought new guys would want to know. They are 12 LED lamps, still appear to be the same size and round shape. They are good and bright in totally dark conditions, going through heavy wooded trails. The peripheral spread isn't much, so it's a little dark for tight turn-arounds, but I guess that's more to do with the small round size. Might still want mods if you need a very wide spread.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #2

Thanks for the update... I saw the led's in the newer pics but didn't know if they were any good.

I still do want to get a set of led fog/spot lights for the front... looks like next season night riding is going to happen more often.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #3

Yep, they're doing the job... always on high beam I should note. I don't have a point of reference, so idk if someone used to high power lamps would still want to upgrade.

The fog/spots would be great too. I've been looking at the mobile style atv spot lights, but they all seem to use outlet power. It would be nice for around here, spotting various night creatures. Maybe I could just carry a good lithium spot lighter just as needed. Might be nice to get some kind of mounting bracket for that also though. Let me know of you know of anything that would work for that, and keep us posted on the fog lights

Old 11-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #4

I'm waiting till I find something that fits good... maybe even two small led light bars to mount under the front rack.

I get a bit of a shadow from the front plastics on the bumper that kind of annoys me.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #5

Yep, even with good leds we have the size limitations. I've seen the bars. That should really light it up!