Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2023, 12:49 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen216 View Post
The Papio is EFI and a six speed. But… it claims 9.4 hp @ 8,500 rpm.

The KP150 claims 12.2hp/8000 RPM.

Do you need EFI? That 6th gear?
I am guessing that Lifan wanted the potentially lucrative California market for this bike. Ironically, when it was first introduced a few years ago, there seemed to be a batch of the bikes that were CARB certified for California. Then, they became 49-state legal with Californians not needing to apply (anymore). Fuel injection was probably able to push it over that last 'hump' for California's sacred CARB blessing. I know there is a fledgling mini-racing scene in the so-called Inland Empire just outside of L.A. and I could see this bike being very competitive now that it is legal again there. When these were first being introduced, there was a press release from Lifan in China showing them in full racing trim with slick tires and no street-legal equipment and I had always thought that American Lifan should promote a one make KPMini budget racing league of sorts.

As far as a 6th...why not, but I doubt it would be a deal-breaker for most without it (it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me by any means).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard