Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #1

hello from vermont

hey, my name is Zak and I live in the lower foot hills of Vermont, and i just stumbled into your site and was interested in buying one of those lifan 200cc enduro bikes in the next few months, i hear they are pretty well made for their price but I keep seeing problem after problem after problem with the registration and what not. What really bothers me though there really isnt any dealers that arent a 4+ hour drive for me. So getting one of the "grey market" bikes drop shipped to my house or at the terminal would be ideal.

Now I am thinking about going back to my original idea of shoe horning a 200cc lifan engine into my old 71 SL125 and avoid the DMV horrors and bring my old girl back to life (not to mention having the big fat comfortable seat is a definite plus). Was wondering what you guys think, and if one of those 200cc vertical engines would fit without too much modification. I see already right off the bat, that I'd have to reroute the clutch cable as well as making some new brackets to hold the top of the engine in there and I'd also have to either buy or make a wiring harness that will fit. But other then that, the engine looks like it would slide right in pretty easily.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #2

Not sure about the second question, but for the first issue, if you want an american lifan bike, they do allow Shamrock Cycles to ship bikes...

Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #3

Re: hello from vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmntr
...What really bothers me though there really isnt any dealers that arent a 4+ hour drive for me. So getting one of the "grey market" bikes drop shipped to my house or at the terminal would be ideal...
Welcome! If you decide to get a bike delivered to you, you might also want to consider the Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894