Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #1

'20 TT250 vs '18 Brozz

In the last month I have had a new version of both. Long story short, I ordered a 2020 Brozz, got ripped off by TX Powersports (they sent an '18). Was so pissed off I flip the bike while still on the MSO after 105 miles. I ordered a TT250, and I now have over 110 miles on it. I thought I reflect on the differences I have noticed and what was involved in the 100 mile service (valves, oil, screen, carb re-jet).

Brozz, came with conventional forks and a drum rear. I was going to keep it, but the siren song of the TT250 sang to me. I rememberd how much I liked the saddle on my 2016 TT250 that I sold 2 years ago. I didn't like the soft foam in the brozz saddle and how the hump was too far forward. The oil change, filter clean and valve adjust was no different between the two bikes. The main differences was in the carbs.

The Brozz's PZ30 had anti-tamper screws on the float bowl which needed to be slotted. The IMS had a funky D shape, but was quite usable when I added a slot to it (set it at 2.5 turns out). The Main jet was 105. I replaced with a 112.5. The needle was not adjustable, so I shimmed it slightly. Idle jet was a 34, left it.

The TT250 had its Keima carb. The float bowl was installed with standard Phillips screws (which was nice since my last set of allen replacements drove off with the Brozz). The IMS was a brass dome, completely non-tamper. I used a Dremel cut off wheel to slot it. It stood at 1.25 turns, I set it to 2.5. The main jet was a 102! I replaced with a 112.5. And oddly enough the needle was slotted and at the 2nd from top slot, I moved the clip down (needle up) one notch. Idle at 35 was left alone.

The quality of the TT250 switches is way better than the Brozz, however the Brozz swingarm apears to be better designed. The execution might be lacking however, the rear axle adjuster bolt was so sloppy in the swingarm, I wonder how long before I'm time-serting that thread.

The USD forks of the TT together with the 18/21 wheels conspire to give a very top heavy feel to the TT vs the Brozz. I will probably have a 17/19 combo laced onto the TT hubs at some time. The TT saddle while better than the Brozz is not by much. I need to carve the foam and have my local auto upholstery shop re-do the cover. Maybe a superfoam rebuild by Sargents.

Last edited by mtiberio; 05-16-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post

The quality of the TT250 switches is way better than the Brozz, however the Brozz swingarm apears to be better designed. The execution might be lacking however, the rear axle adjuster bolt was so sloppy in the swingarm, I wonder how long before I'm time-serting that thread.

The USD forks of the TT together with the 18/21 wheels conspire to give a very top heavy feel to the TT vs the Brozz. I will probably have a 17/19 combo laced onto the TT hubs at some time. The TT saddle while better than the Brozz is not by much. I need to carve the foam and have my local auto upholstery shop re-do the cover. Maybe a superfoam rebuild by Sargents.
As a person who has the budget version of the TT250 (aka Hawk ) I can back up your insights.

The Brozz swing arm is a better design in terms of durability. It's still a cheaply made item as you pointed out. The adjuster bolts are a little sloppy in the threads, but only once they are extended out beyond the last 2/3 of the adjustment range. Even then, with the lock nut in place, the bolt stays solid. I actually added a second nut to lock against that one and provide a little more positive support.

The top heavy feel is a small trade off for the larger front wheels ability to roll over bumps and objects with greater ease, and much better highway stability.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #3

IMO the swing arm and the old analog speedo were the only truly bad parts on the motorcycle. CSC putting the digital speedometer was much appreciated but a tad late. An upgraded swingarm is overdue as well.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi