Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #1

Apollo 250cc fuel tank

Just got my apollo 250 and she needs a little love. Haha first problem that I need to fix is the fuel tank leaks, I found a cheap one on eBay titled "fuel tank 125cc 150cc 250cc apollo orion" for $30. Has anyone had experience with one of these? Do they need any modification or are they direct bolt on? If someone has some other advice I would really appreciate it.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:49 PM   #2

Post a link. I dont its one that fits. Id rather clean out the original and re-weld it or do an inside coating.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #3

If you can take a pic of your fuel tank and post it, i have one. The Apollo 250 had 2 diferent models that i know of, one with the 1 crossmember down the middle of the frame and the other with 2 crossmembers down the side. I have a 8L fuel tank with the center crossmember.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #4

How goes the battle

Hey there I had the same problem have you had any luck finding a tank? I'll keep you posted how I make out if not...

Old 07-31-2017, 12:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnp 12 View Post
Hey there I had the same problem have you had any luck finding a tank? I'll keep you posted how I make out if not...
Scroll down. Theres a few threads with websites to get parts.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #6

Clean the old one out thoroughly.

Use a paint stripper gun and pieces of HDPE plastic which is the plastic used on these tanks and also used on oil jugs etc. I use black oil jugs so the color is the same. Work slowly, heat the area that has the leak than place patches cut from the same HDPE plastic. Heat the patch until it melts on the area and let it air cool slowly. Works like a charm. I've done it on a number of plastic tanks, never leaked again.

I had to mod the bottom of a CRF450X tank to clear the tall head of an air cooled motor I install. A good 2~3 inches. Worked out great, a lot of work but worked out.