Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #1

71 MPG this time. I went on a trip that was about half 50+mph. Pulled a lot of grade and had a head wind too. So, I am not too disappointed.

I was able to cruise in the 50-55 range and still had quite a bit of throttle left, enough to comfortably climb the slight hills I was climbing and fight the head wind without loosing speed. If I "gunned it" I could feel the engine pull, but it would tapper off pretty quick, so I am pretty sure I was right on the threshold of max power and did not want to push it above that. The extra throttle worked well for the climbing and wind, but not for more speed. That is the best way I can describe it.

I am looking to eventually change out the variator to a 115mm and hope to be able to cruise in the 55-60 range. That would be awesome.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghcoe View Post
pretty sure I was right on the threshold of max power
Consider monitoring cylinder head temperature with a spark plug sensor . . example.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Consider monitoring cylinder head temperature with a spark plug sensor . . example.
Looks like good info for sure. Thanks! I also have a new CDI and coil coming so this could help bring things together.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #4

90 mpg this last tank!

Also went on a nice long 50 mile trip today which included a lot of dirt road travel and hill climbing. I had no problem climbing fairly steep hills. I was limited by the condition of the road for speed, but not engine power. Also, I did not loose any parts or notice any new rattles after the trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00485 s.jpg (41.8 KB, 563 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00486 s.jpg (42.7 KB, 448 views)