Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2024, 09:42 PM   #1

Thief stole my motorcycle, and the wiring and ignition are screwed. Help appreciated.

Hey ya'll, ill cut to the point. My hawk 250 DLX EFI was stolen shortly after a full overhaul and rebuild. Ten minutes after it's first test ride and months of work it got stolen and functionally totaled. Wiring harness cut and spliced, ignition literally ripped out the bike, plastics and levers broken or gone, engine blown up; etc. Really shitty time.

Anywho, got it back and im rebuilding. I've ran into an issue though: where the f**k do i connect a new ignition cylinder/key? All of the ignition cylinders im finding online are 4 prong squares. The only extra hookups i can find on my bike are 4 pronged but flat. I also have a random set of black and red wires up front (should it connect there somehow?).

Long story short, could anyone show me on their DLX's/even carbed hawks how the hell the ignition cylinder connects? Thanks in advance ya'll.

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 04-05-2024 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Removed foul language

Old 04-03-2024, 10:05 PM   #2

The owners manuals of the carb hawks has a wiring diagram in it ,not sure if the efi bikes still had one or not .

Old 04-04-2024, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
The owners manuals of the carb hawks has a wiring diagram in it ,not sure if the efi bikes still had one or not .
I never did get an owners manual, and sadly all the ones i've found are very vague.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:34 PM   #4

this actually pissed me off. i hate thieves. If I could I would help bro. there are folks on here who can.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:12 PM   #5

I don’t know how hard you looked ,but I just googled Hawk Dlx manual and one of the first things that came up was the XPro site ,clicked on the Hawk owners manual and the wiring diagram is right there near the end of it .I am an old guy ,and I found it in under a minute of uninterested searching ,no idea why you didn’t even bother to look yourself .

Old 04-05-2024, 12:04 AM   #6

Quote:
I don’t know how hard you looked ,but I just googled Hawk Dlx manual and one of the first things that came up was the XPro site ,clicked on the Hawk owners manual and the wiring diagram is right there near the end of it .I am an old guy ,and I found it in under a minute of uninterested searching ,no idea why you didn’t even bother to look yourself .
Hey, appreciate you taking the time to comment. Like I said, i found the owners manual just fine; but it was vague on the exact wiring connections. Yes, there is a wiring diagram; however it didn't state whether it was a 4 flat or 4 square connection. It is also horrificaly vague in general. I wont insult you on it however, because as you said; you're an old dude. I am capable of finding the owners manual, however it doesn't answer the question I had. If the owners manual answered all of the questions about the bike this forum probably wouldn't exist.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
this actually pissed me off. i hate thieves. If I could I would help bro. there are folks on here who can.
Yeah, I made a 2x4 with 30 deckmates in the end of it and personally chased the guy down myself. $500 reward later and I got the bike back. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. F**k Thieves. Just hurts because I finally finished making it perfect and got literally one ride on it. Infuriating.

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 04-05-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:09 AM   #8

Quote:
I have found the wiring diagram, but can't find photos of the actual setup. (2x2 square, or 4x1 flat connection). The whole thing is a mystery to me and I'd kill to have one decent photo of a hawk DLX wiring setup.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:14 AM   #9

Boy it be nice to find another DLX to look at, ask around to see if anybody near you has the same bike.would make you job alot easier.