Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #1

My 150cc ATV Mods

I will be posting here all of my custom mods i have done and will be doing just incase anyone would like to follow.

For my first mod, who else hates those pesty prone to cracking foot wells? I know i sure do! Not to mention its hard enough trying to find replacements. So i had a few chairs kicking around and got the great idea to make my own, not only will they not crack and break, but they look great too! My only downfall is theres barely enough room to kick the kick start. A shorter kick lever should remedy the problem, i am also in the middle of changing the color from camo to black, so dont mind how bare she looks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3436.jpg (94.2 KB, 366 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3442.jpg (92.8 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3448.jpg (93.1 KB, 361 views)

Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #2

So i was out riding the othe day with a buddy of mine and my tires are 20inch fronts and 20 inch rears, and i could feel every single pebble, bump stump and everyrhing else in between. Felt like i was fighting the trails and when i got home i realized my ride was far from enjoyable do to the small size of my tires. So i looked on my local for sale pages and found a set of 24 inch front and back Honda ATV tires with rims. The rear tires bolted on without any problems, but the fronts i will need to make adapters (kind of like wheel spacers) to go from the smaller bolt pattern to the appropriate bolt pattern. The front wheels are not bolted on they are only being held on by the hub bolts just to see what it is going to look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3492.jpg (98.1 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3494.jpg (97.6 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3495.jpg (98.0 KB, 312 views)

Old 06-03-2017, 12:05 PM   #3

Cool; kind of a sport quad / bush quad crossover.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Cool; kind of a sport quad / bush quad crossover.
Pretty much yes, i have the front and rear racks i just need to put them on. Im not quite sure what brand/make it is but i know it is based off of the GIO 150cc hummer/utility. I just dont have any need for the racks at the moment. I plan to use them when i go hunting though to carry my crossbow and extra fuel ect. Where i live the terrain can go from flat ground to boulders hills and awkward situations and the smaller tires just werent cutting it.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWayne007 View Post
Pretty much yes, i have the front and rear racks i just need to put them on. Im not quite sure what brand/make it is but i know it is based off of the GIO 150cc hummer/utility. I just dont have any need for the racks at the moment. I plan to use them when i go hunting though to carry my crossbow and extra fuel ect. Where i live the terrain can go from flat ground to boulders hills and awkward situations and the smaller tires just werent cutting it.
Like the upgrade. Can you space those rear wheels out some for more stability?

However , you may want to keep in this set up since a narrow path would actually be extremely practical in a hunting situation to be able to go thru narrow paths where wider tracks cant.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Like the upgrade. Can you space those rear wheels out some for more stability?

However , you may want to keep in this set up since a narrow path would actually be extremely practical in a hunting situation to be able to go thru narrow paths where wider tracks cant.
I actually plan on getting a pair of spacers for the front and rear for when im just trail riding, and keeping it more narrow for when im hunting. You are right it would seem more practical for hunting as i tend to wonder pretty far off the trails when doing so. The rear bolt patterns are 4x110mm so spacers are widly available, it will be easy for the front aswell once i make the appropriate adapters.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #7

Grin

Quote:
I actually plan on getting a pair of spacers for the front and rear for when im just trail riding, and keeping it more narrow for when im hunting. You are right it would seem more practical for hunting as i tend to wonder pretty far off the trails when doing so. The rear bolt patterns are 4x110mm so spacers are widly available, it will be easy for the front aswell once i make the appropriate adapters.
Your on the right track!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #8

So i dident end up needing to make adapters for the front. I actually found complete right and left wheel hubs/brakes/drum with the correct bolt pattern. I figured $40 for the set it would be less hassle than making my own.

Does anybody have any recommendations on wheel spacers? Ive always heard stories of them breaking and people saying to stay away from them.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #9

Here are the ones I bought. They are a little pricey but I thought it was worth it instead of buying the studs. They are quality product and have held up well. You will have to buy longer bolts though since you can't tighten down the lock nuts down far enough to get them to lock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 06-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #10

Quote:
So i dident end up needing to make adapters for the front. I actually found complete right and left wheel hubs/brakes/drum with the correct bolt pattern. I figured $40 for the set it would be less hassle than making my own.
Please tell us more about that. Where did you find the hubs and drums? Do you have a link?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Please tell us more about that. Where did you find the hubs and drums? Do you have a link?
Left side Drum Brake Assembly with hub 4x110mm bolt pattern
https://multinationalparts.com/products/details/2225

Right side Drum Brake Assembly with hub 4x110mm bolt pattern
https://multinationalparts.com/products/details/2226

Dont mind theyre description error that says "3 bolt" these are 4 bolt patterns, just a typo.

They have them listed for retail at $49.99 but since i have a dealership account with them i got them for a fraction of the cost. Very easy to get a dealership account with them, after my first $500 order they called me and set me up with one. Great company and awesome to deal with over the phone/email. They even take suggestions for products they dont carry and will do everything they can to make sure to get them in stock