Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #1

Suggestions?

Guys I know squat about Chinese ATV's although I suspect the dealer, maufacturer, issues are the same as the scoots and motorcycles. I have two boys age 5 and 8. The 5yo is small about 48 pounds and the 8yo is big like his Daddy. The 8yo can (not safely but within reason) operate my Yamaha Kodiak with me on the back. I'm thinking of getting them an ATV. Something that is reasonably good sized that my 8 yo can use at least till he's 12 but small enough that the 5 yo doesn't have to wait 3 years to ride. Manual/Auto don't care. Sport or Utility don't care. Just a resonably reliable machine that can handle the typical abuse of kids. Under $1000 delivered to the house (less is better)!!! Recomendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 05-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
http://www.atvsimports.com/atv-110cc...th-remote.html

This is what we got for our 6yo. The throttle is adjusted really low for her. Us grown-ups rode it around before we gave it to her, and it does about 30mph. Not super comfortable, but it would haul us around no problem.

This company seems to be changing their product line. We ordered this ATV right after they switched. It seems to be fine, typical quality of China bikes. Check out the dealer discussion on Viva to get the whole scoop.

DO NOT overtighten the front wheels or you may be buying bearings right away! LOL