Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 AM   #1

LED dash lights on RX3

Has anyone changed out the dim idiot lights on the RX3 dash for LED bulbs for better visibility ? I did it on a Triumph Scrambler years ago and it made a vast difference. I didn’t change the high beam as that was too much of a distraction at night.
I’m hoping someone has done this and can supply a link for the bulbs.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloman View Post
Has anyone changed out the dim idiot lights on the RX3 dash for LED bulbs for better visibility ? I did it on a Triumph Scrambler years ago and it made a vast difference. I didn’t change the high beam as that was too much of a distraction at night.
I’m hoping someone has done this and can supply a link for the bulbs.
I've had exactly the same experience with my TW250s, right down to the high beam indicator being annoying with the LEDs. SuperBrightLEDs.com has most any bulb I've ever needed, including low output for the high beam indicators on the TWs. You might also try a different color bulb than blue, should be dimmer under the blue lens.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #3

I can see them very well in sunlight through my smoke face shield . Remove the mask that covers the leds by taking apart the gage cover and removing mask held on by 2 little posts melted over to hold mask in place.
You loose the symbol of what the led is for but it's pretty obvious what they do. Blinkers blink, red oil can oils, blue one is high beem , green is neutral, and the one flashing at you is the gas gage reminding you to fill up.
Some where I thought I posted a "how too" on this but I can't find it Anyone know where it is? rj

found it #192 on this page:
http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=mask&page=13

Old 08-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #4

I took apart the whole dash just recently for a project - what a mission to remove the LCD and refit that.
Stupid me I forgot about the poor LED/Light on Hi beam etc