Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #31

Thanks guys for the replies. What tubes should I buy for my stock tires? I heard the brand IRC mentioned but they come in two stem versions - tr4 & tr6. What does this mean, and which version do I buy for my stock wheels and tires?

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #32

Tr4.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 11-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #33

Get part numbers 276413 and 276372 if you go on bikebandit. They got a Turbo Tuesday sale today. $26 and change plus shipping for Kenda TR4 tubes.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTwoFifty View Post
Also, do I need to buy that 3M tape (mentioned on the 1st page of this thread) to ensure my replacement tubes do not fail? Or can I just buy heavy duty tubes and be fine? How about tires? Should I change out the stock tires as well? I dont want to get stranded far from home because of cheap crappy tires and tubes.

I never expected this to ever possibly be an issue or concern!!
Issue? Shouldn't be an issue. You aren't the first guy on here with tube trouble! Just replace the tubes and the rim strips and off you go. Tension your spokes to middle "C" or a little less, check that no spoke ends are portruding, (if they are, file them down) put in the new rim strips, put a little air in the tubes, coat them with baby powder, install the tubes, put the tires back on. Air 'em up, then let the air back out, so the tubes can "find themselves", wait a couple of minutes, air 'em up again, and the job is done. And you have learned a new skill. ......ARH

Old 11-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Issue? Shouldn't be an issue. You aren't the first guy on here with tube trouble! Just replace the tubes and the rim strips and off you go. Tension your spokes to middle "C" or a little less, check that no spoke ends are portruding, (if they are, file them down) put in the new rim strips, put a little air in the tubes, coat them with baby powder, install the tubes, put the tires back on. Air 'em up, then let the air back out, so the tubes can "find themselves", wait a couple of minutes, air 'em up again, and the job is done. And you have learned a new skill. ......ARH
Great point ARH, new skill learned. You will find because there is no dealer support you will learn a ton and be much more capable for the inevitable fix on the side of the road or in the woods.... no matter what you ride. Even Hondas get flats.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post

Even Hondas get flats.
you can't trust those dam Honda's...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 11-29-2017, 01:16 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTwoFifty View Post
Thanks for the reply timcosby. Does this situation indicate that my tire AND tube is bad? The tire was so flat that I could stick my finger between the wheel and tire. So are my tires the issue as well as the tube??

Thanks.
tire had just came off the bead of the rim. tire should be ok unless you road a long way with it like that. thats probably what you really meant about the fixaflat comming out the sidewall of the tire. it wasnt the sidewall of the tire i assume it was cause the bead of the tire was not in place on the rim. hell use three layers of plain old duct tape on the nipples and have at it you should be fine then. after you take the tire off you will see what were talking about the nipples rubbing the tube.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250