Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #1

Haosen (Hawks etc.): Ask me anything

I work for RPS, the sole US importer/distributor. So if you have questions ask me, and I'll try to figure out the answer. The engineers speak Chinese, so sometimes it's not that easy.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #2

Why such a delay in the mco or what ever you call the papers you need to get a bike registered and plated?

3 times in the last 8 years I was in the market for chinese scooter/motorcycle. The deal breaker was the papers.

Twice I bought used jap over brand new chinese because the paperwork was not with the machine. The first time I bought a new chinese scooter which I was very happy with but .........the papers took two weeks to arrive after the scooter came. I have bought new jap bikes in the past I rode them home and they were plated same day or the next day after purchase. john

Old 10-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
Why such a delay in the mco
In some parts of the US, the Hawk is street legal, and other parts say no. It's not so much a problem on the Chinese end as it its a problem with the US bureaucracy. Japan has had more time in the market so they are ahead in that regard.

Last edited by Adam Rinkleff; 12-09-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #4

I don't see pricing on your website. Do you only deal with distributors or do you sell retail also?

/

Old 10-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #5

are these the old Hensim bikes?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
Why such a delay in the mco or what ever you call the papers you need to get a bike registered and plated?

3 times in the last 8 years I was in the market for chinese scooter/motorcycle. The deal breaker was the papers.

Twice I bought used jap over brand new chinese because the paperwork was not with the machine. The first time I bought a new chinese scooter which I was very happy with but .........the papers took two weeks to arrive after the scooter came. I have bought new jap bikes in the past I rode them home and they were plated same day or the next day after purchase. john

Depends who you buy from. I had mine before i even had the bikes together. APSCUSA was FAST!

Old 10-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #7

Power Ride Outlet also sent me the paperwork very quickly. It was everything I needed to register in Florida no questions asked.

/

Old 10-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #8

Maybe some sellers ship the bike with the paperwork, but others don't because of the chance of someone stealing the bike still in the crate with all the paperwork to get it licensed??

Adam, thanks for joining here and making your self available for us to contact you with questions. Just got a very nice quote to buy a new Hawk and have it shipped to Hawaii to my door, on the big island.

Gotta go right now, but I'll be back with some questions for you later....

Old 10-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I don't see pricing on your website. Do you only deal with distributors or do you sell retail also?
/
The website is no good. IT is working on the bandwidth issue and then we will fix it.

Last edited by Adam Rinkleff; 12-09-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
are these the old Hensim bikes?
Yes, and no. The designs are basically the same but engineers have reworked various features. As an example, one of the bikes required you to use a right-handed clutch, but now you can use your left hand and have a gun in the other hand.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
everything I needed to register in Florida no questions asked./
Its a local issue, Florida is good about this, California not so good.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #12

Okay. Just got home. Here's a few questions:

1. I've heard the Hawks come with floatbowls that have screws not made to be removed. Yet, I also think I heard they have a grooved jet needle? Why would they do that? Seems like quite a few buyers have had to either get those screws drilled out so they can rejet, as their bikes were running way to lean, or order a Mikuni carb clone from ebay and replace that stock carb. I hear the stock unit is a Kehin clone, and some owners say it works well, once jetted properly.

2.Do you know if anyone from my state, Hawaii, has ordered these and got them licensed in that state?

3. Where can we buy parts such as, maybe, the body plastics, should we need them?

Thanks for your comments!!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn View Post
Maybe some sellers ship the bike with the paperwork, but others don't because of the chance of someone stealing the bike still in the crate with all the paperwork to get it licensed??...
That senerio is impossible. Not unless the shipper does not report the theft. If reported the serial/vin would easily convict any one attempting to plate the hot bike.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #14

My questions

Adam, thank you for offering to field questions on the new Hawk 250. This is a great bike and I believe it will continue to grow in popularity.

A few questions I have for you (or anyone else who might know and wants to chime in) are:

1. What are the manufacturer recommended valve clearances for the Hawk?
(My best guess is that it will be about 0.05-0.06mm for the inlet valve and 0.07-0.08mm for the exhaust valve.)

2. Is there a good magnetic oil drain plug you recommend for the Hawk? If not, does anyone know who sells really strong magnetic oil drain plugs to start my search?

3. I believe a 17T front sprocket will fit the Hawk. Will an 18T front sprocket fit as well, or would this hit the guard?

4. I'm assuming the engine is a Honda CG250 clone (correct?). If not, what engine is it based off of so I can find the closest/most relevant repair manual for the Hawk?

Thanks in advance!
1980 Kawasaki KL 250

Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015Hawk250 View Post
This is a great bike...
Apparently. I've been scouring the internet and haven't found a single negative comment. My understanding is that it was originally designed for rugged terrain in Africa/South America.

With regard to the technical questions, I'm keeping track of them. Expect some delay in response, there is a considerable linguistic barrier. I barely speak Chinese, and they barely speak English.

Meanwhile, here is a pile of 500 Hawks.