Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #1

Left crankcase cover wanted

I am looking for a left crankcase cover for the Zongshen Sierra 200 GY-2 engine at a price comparable to what they go for @ Zongshen America. When I first bought my Zong I didn't notice a crack around one of the bolt holes in the cover, and wanted to do the LCC mod while replacing the one with the crack around the hole. I got stuck with this scenario and didn't want to pay the price for the Yamaha alternative. They still have my purchase credit @Zongshen America, but were out of the correct part, and Manny is no longer there. Recently I listed my Zong for parts, and thought it would be appropriate to check on this, and correct it if possible prior to selling the engine. If I am able to find one at the right price, I may end up keeping my Zong after all. Any help is appreciated! Safe riding folks!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:33 AM   #2

I know that you'll be able to find it on Taobao, and it will be cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-10-2014, 04:10 AM   #3

Egads! I just searched 14 pages at Taobao, and I couldn't find the left crankcase cover for the Zong. The right crankcase cover is readily available, but I couldn't find the left. I searched using zs200gy-2 and lzx200gy-2.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #4

I did the same, but I know it's there. Just haven't found the right keywords yet.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #5

Kneadit works wonders for repairing aluminium and metal.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #6

So does Tech Steel.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:13 AM   #7

Thanks for the kind help

Here's a pic of the LCC with the cracked area around the bolt hole. I didn't notice this when I bought my Zong. I did remember the owner of the pawnshop relaying a brief statement that the original owner had an electrical issue repaired for some reason. Again thank you all for the kind help looking into this with me, and the good advice as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140512_202416_resized_5.jpg (88.4 KB, 105 views)

Old 05-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #8

I'd try the cover from the ZS250GS, since it won't require modification, and it's only $17.64 US: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=36890678358

Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #9

thanks

Yes, thank you Weldangrind that may be a very good option for me at this point, it looks like the bolts are going to be a few different lengths, but my main concern on that part will be the mounting bolt pattern for the stator. It hopefully will be the exact same as the one I have. I didn't realize Taobao was such a good option for Zong parts, and all of this attention I am paying to my Zong lately has me definately leaning in the direction of keeping it, and enjoying it as a commuter to work which is 8 miles one way. Hopefully I can place a nice order and pick up that cover and a few more nice parts in the near future!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #10

Please let us know how that works for you. I've placed several Taobao orders, and I've been happy every time.