Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #166

There are probably very close, but the CCW bikes OEM for their engines is Lifan, whereas the OEM for the engines for the Haosen is not clear. On the EPA certification list for off-road bikes, the engine manufacturer is 'Chongqing Haosen Motorcycle Company, Ltd.' but as with other companies who are listed as their own engine manufacturer, oftentimes it will be one of three companies--Loncin, Lifan, or Zongsheen. My TMEC 200 falls into that category, as the OEM for the engine is Zongshen, while the EPA lists TMEC Power and something or another (Chinese companies like to add words to their names) listed as their engine's OEM.

The reason I mention all this is to point out that it is my belief that the Lifan mills used in the CCW bikes are proprietary engines to PIT or whoever imports them--they are probably manufactured to where they can take internal modifications, as there are factory performance parts available. The majority of every other Chinese bike's engines are generally best to be left alone internally.

Case in point--the longest running thread over on Mychinamoto.com is an ongoing discussion about the DongFang bobber. Near identical to the CCW Heist. But a few members there, over the years, have reported doing in their engines due to trying to modify them. I don't recall anyone using CCW parts to modify, but either way, I WOULD hesitate before playing around inside the Hawk's engine (heck, I would probably not play around inside the CCW engine, either).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartons8 View Post
According to the http://therps.net/ website, the specifications show 0.26 gallons of oil which is 1.04 quarts. Not sure why the manual says 1.60?
yep 1.6 is way to much!!! dont ask how i know.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 03-26-2017, 12:52 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
I work for RPS, the sole US importer/distributor. So if you have questions ask me, and I'll try to figure out the answer. The engineers speak Chinese, so sometimes it's not that easy.
I'm sure you've gotten this question already but can I order parts through you for my hawk 250? I already ordered a new chain and bolts for the rear sprocket but they seem to have been held up either through RPS or txpowerspoerts. I have yet to get a response from RPS via email and I ordered the parts a month ago.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djbeach99 View Post
I'm sure you've gotten this question already but can I order parts through you for my hawk 250? I already ordered a new chain and bolts for the rear sprocket but they seem to have been held up either through RPS or txpowerspoerts. I have yet to get a response from RPS via email and I ordered the parts a month ago.

I have the same question. I cannot get a reply from therps.net's email and txpowersports seems to want $165 for parts that cost $80 on therps.net

Old 09-05-2023, 04:28 PM   #170

I have a 250 RPS magician 167 fmm stamped on the block. Carbureted, I purchased it knowing it needed work stator was missing that's what I'm on right now I purchased one but the colors of the wires are different than the factory harness.
Stator to harness
Blue/white
Yellow
Pink
Red/blk
Green/white
This has a 6 wire cdi.
Harness to stator (4pin)
2 solid yellows
Blue/white
Solid green.
Obviously the blue and white go together I would assume but I'm getting no spark. I got two double check all my saf ety sensors. And this is not the gear indicator (6) pin. But it does have a strong rollover any help would be greatly appreciated thank you guys