Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #5326

You did the right thing by refusing delivery. Now it's up to CSC to send out a replacement and deal with the crappy shipper on this one. My personal experience with CSC makes me confident you'll be taken care of properly.

It really sucks having to wait.

Good Luck,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #5327

X2; you were wise to refuse shipment. I'm sure CSC will resolve the problem.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #5328

Now I get to go to the DMV and try to figure out how to unregister it . . . or transfer registration to a replacement . . . or . . . I don't know. I thought I was being proactive by getting my insurance and tax/tag/title set up before it got here. Now, that's going to be a new nightmare. How do I un-title a vehicle? Are they going to refund me for all of that? Do I have to pay tax again on a replacement?

Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"

Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #5329

AdAn82, my heart really feels for you. What a disappointment. I've had similar things happen with machines bought on Ebay and shipped to me. I swear some people purposely try and destroy things the way they arrive all beat up they look like they've been thru a Demolition Derby , RJ

Old 04-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #5330

That is absolutely disgraceful. I'm glad you refused it; CSC will make it right, I'm sure.

When I moved to the US I had several boxes shipped here, one of them contained some computer equipment which wasn't hugely expensive, and I took a lot of care to bubble wrap it all. Be that as it may, when it arrived it was very clear it had been dropped from a great height.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #5331

I would wager that the delay for 'unknown reasons' was that they damaged it and were debating whether to try it on with you. Refusing it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #5332

Since you already registered it and paid taxes, maybe worth speaking with CSC to have them fix each and every damaged thing and then reship. My guess is it would take then but a few days to do it and then ship back to you.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #5333

This is incredible. It makes the Samsonite Gorilla look gentle.

CSC will do you right. They've never failed anyone here, as I recall.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #5334

Location: 484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
That sucks a big ol' pile of ding dongs. I just got word that my bike is coming in tomorrow 2 days early. I am out of town. I have informed my general contractor to call me when the shipment arrives.

I am going to have him inspect it before accepting the shipment.

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #5335

I would feel gutted and angry and hell.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #5336

Fjmartin is correct...might very well be a hell of a lot easier to let Steve and Gerry fix this right and reship rather than going through the hassle of transferring tags and such...I agree with the others..full confidence in the Seidner Crew to make it right. These folks don't just talk about customer service...they actively practice it....just my opinion. Keep us up to date please....by the way.... The bike is worth the wait

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #5337

IMO, that shipper just bought an RX3. Or their insurance company did. But you sure as heck shouldn't own it. That's absolutely disgraceful shipping as it seems really clear to me that the bike (and box) rolled off a pallet cart. There's no way that amount of damage could have occurred if loaded/unloaded property. And the delay in deliver has me thinking that the shipper knew all along that their handlers damaged it. Utterly unacceptable.

I know CSC will work to make things right for you, as they're excellent to deal with before, during AND after the sale. Great folks. But I'm completely dejected on your behalf just looking at those photos.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #5338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
I would wager that the delay for 'unknown reasons' was that they damaged it and were debating whether to try it on with you. Refusing it was absolutely the right thing to do.
You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Since you already registered it and paid taxes, maybe worth speaking with CSC to have them fix each and every damaged thing and then reship. My guess is it would take then but a few days to do it and then ship back to you.
I am thinking this is probably the best way foward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
IMO, that shipper just bought an RX3. Or their insurance company did. But you sure as heck shouldn't own it. That's absolutely disgraceful shipping as it seems really clear to me that the bike (and box) rolled off a pallet cart. There's no way that amount of damage could have occurred if loaded/unloaded property. And the delay in deliver has me thinking that the shipper knew all along that their handlers damaged it. Utterly unacceptable.

I know CSC will work to make things right for you, as they're excellent to deal with before, during AND after the sale. Great folks. But I'm completely dejected on your behalf just looking at those photos.
Tend to agree..mad as hell and don't want those damaged goods...BUT, I know CSC has the parts to erase EVERY scratch.

Only issue would be if there is SERIOUS geometry damage.

Man, we feel for you. KEEP SMILING BROTHER:
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 AM   #5339

I'm leaning toward the repair-and-reship option.

For a few reasons:
1. The paperwork headache is something I really don't want to deal with.
2. As has been mentioned, CSC carries every single nut, bolt, panel and washer. And, through everything I've seen and read, I have zero doubt that they would be able to make it 100% new again.
3. Judging by the posts I've seen on here, I don't think there are even any more 2016 models left to exchange (Unless they want to ship me a 2017 . . . hmmmm).

I just worry about there being some hidden issues that don't make themselves known until it's much more inconvenient to address. As rtking said, it looks like the whole dang crate fell off of the truck. So, I'd be concerned about geometry issues and weak/broken mounts or welds.

I dunno. It's just one of those things where - I paid for a new bike. So, I want a new bike. It was part of the whole experience for me. Now I'm buying a used bike that's been dropped and repaired.

This is in no way a knock on CSC. And, I wish I could find someone to point the finger at . . . but, unless either RoadRunner or the regional logistics contractor out of Orlando fess up to it, I doubt I'll ever find out what actually happened.

Out of all of this . . . the one thing that still blows my mind . . . at no point did any driver, handler, warehouse manager, etc go "Hmm, this thing doesn't look right". They just sent it on through to my door.

And the driver had the audacity to get mad at me for refusing delivery. He literally said "I have 3 more stops to make. How am I supposed to unload my freight with this thing in the way?"

I dunno dude . . . sounds like a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

All part of the adventure, I suppose!

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

Old 04-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #5340

I am absolutely astounded by the level of customer service CSC has shown me today.

Within 45 minutes of them opening this morning, not only had they returned my phonecall... but they gave me the VIN for the brand new RX3 they are sending me... THIS AFTERNOON.

The claim is being handled by their people and will be addressed accordingly. They are going to buy back the bike, so the titling issues are resolved.

I f***ing LOVE this company!!

Oh, and I officially have the LAST 2016 CSC RX3.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)