Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
@Allfunmotorsports, is there anyway you can change the title to something like "BC - Rollcall"?

@ rest of us bc'ers, any ideas where is good to ride... I really have only done road riding on my cruiser, I don't know where any good trails or off road areas are (that we're actually allowed on?)

Thanks all.

if you ever get to the island, you may never leave. ask ridgline. have you ever been?(jim? molypod?)

Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #17

I was born in Duncan.
I also have family in Nanaimo,Parksville, Courtney and Port Alberni

Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #18

I did the ususal school trip to victoria, but I dont remeber it too much, and I've been to comox a few times... I don't get out there too often though :?

Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 AM   #19

Found this tonight: http://www.motorcycleexplorer.com/bclist.html

I think the KVR would be an awesome ride, just make sure not to get too close to the edge on those trestles!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #20

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Wow it'd be like riding on one continuous cattle-guard....yikes.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 04-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #21

Yeah, but with a cattlegaurd... you dont fall so far if you get too close to the side

I guess you would want to make sure your kickstand was all the way on one of those boards before dismounting, if it slipped between it could knock you over the edge.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #22

I was heard on CBC radio yesterday that they have banned all moterized traffic on the kettel vally trail :( . but I think I would be worth the fine. as long as you don't tear it up. I have taken my mountian bike on lot of trails that your not allowed to. but cleaned up all the trash that I could carry to justify it 8) I can undestand why they banned it. but I wish they naver had to.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #23

There is also a trans canada trail that is supposedly "shared use"... which includes mountain bikes, hikers, horses, and in the winter snow mobiles... but they don't want atv's or dirt bikes on it... Stupid national trail.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfunmotorsport
I was heard on CBC radio yesterday that they have banned all moterized traffic on the kettel vally trail :(
I've been trying to find a definite answer on this... I'm sort of still looking, I emailed the spirit of 2010 trails, who told me to email trails bc (http://www.trailsbc.ca/)... I was told that the KVR is "technicaly" a non-motorized trail... I then inquired what was meant by technicaly, and was told that Trails BC and TCT (trans canada trail) intend the kvr to be a non motorized trail, however they have no way to police that, and they are "struggling" to get the government to take a non-motorized stance...

So what I have "technicaly" gotten out of this is that I shoudl be able to do it aslong as I am respectful of the other trail users, but they really dont want me to...?

I am still in contact back and forth there trying to figure out the exact situation with all this, and when our correspondence has ended I intend to post up the emails here for information sake... It sounds like the KVR has become part of the TCT and and those folk don't like us folk, even though we want to share with them... And they are doing what they can to build thier new sections of trail in locations where they can ban motorized use, but that they are still fighting to actually ban the use on existing trail that they simply took over...

Why can't they just share? :(

I have suggested that we could all share peacefully and maybe a solution that could help keep everyone happy would just post some usage guidelines at trail entrances stating responsible motorized usage guidlines (slow down when passing other trail users, be cautious around horses, pack out what you pack in, don't tear up the trail, etc et etc... )

Old 04-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #25

Quote:
So what I have "technicaly" gotten out of this is that I shoudl be able to do it aslong as I am respectful of the other trail users, but they really dont want me to...?
We have that problem in NB. The environmental/trail groups would rather see a trail in the middle-of-nowhere not get used then be utilized by OHV's.

The fact of the matter is, if your 100 miles from civilization you didn't get their on foot, especially in black fly season.

Part of the problem we're having with the proposed ban on bikes/ATV's for kids under 14 is that various groups are pushing the ban to further their own agendas. The New Brunswick Trails Council is all for it. Less kids on ATV's means potentially fewer ATV's on 'their' trails.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"