Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2016, 03:36 PM   #1

I Got Her Resuscitated

I got this for the kids a few years ago thinking they could ride it but they were really bad at it so I parked it & the battery went bad. My oldest son decided to work on the parts not even broken so it stayed down for a long time until a week ago i decided to start in on it. I had to buy a new throttle cover that had walked off. The carbs were in pretty good shape to my surprise. Fuel lines needed replaced. I bought a axle for a other project that came with a fuel cap I was in need of for this one. Put the front sprocket back on along with the chain. Rebuilt the harness he had been been stealing wires from for what ever reason. Lots of what I like to refer to as red kool-aid to get rusty parts working. I can't get the screws out of the control switch's to fix the start button so I added a push button inline were my son has already cut it. & Got her to breath. Then(my fault) found I'd dumped more water then gas in her from hydrated ethanal. Well(again my fault) I burnt the starter trying to get her to run.

I ordered a new starter & she ran for maybe 10 minutes. I just finished getting her running again a little while ago. What I thought would take a little time to diagnose & end up being a CDI was easier then I thought. I unplugged the remote kill & whoray there was spark. It still ran a little rough so I undid the ground, cleaned, & greased it. That got her running pretty smooth. Wires to the stator & pulse also got cleaned. They didn't help enough to notice but it was needed.

It's still not running at top notch but pretty good. I have the idle a little high to keep it from dying which the only way I see of seeing it is stretching the cable. I don't like this cause there can be factors that will cause it to be tighter certain times over others.

I also tweaked the fuel air mix a little which I'll look at again after it has ran a while. She is a hair on the rich ATM.

I know she is ugly but I'd rather they learn on this ugly thing before I buy some new ones.

I also picked up this when I got the axel. I would have had it running first had one of the kids not walked off with the neutral switch I'd left attached to the side cover while I was waiting on the new sprockets & chain.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #2

Damn those kids... I have the same problem with all my tools and parts "walking away" but it's usually my older brother walking off with them... usually to sell for a quick buck

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #3

I have one brother like that but I don't give him the chance with many. Most of my tools are already gone from the kids tho. I bought the oldest his own thinking if they were his he'd take care of them but they are all lost also.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #4

Mine just looks like hell... it runs like a champion though.