Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2022, 10:32 PM   #16

Believe it or not, there are two separate bike brands/manufacturers and both are CARB certified. On the EPA/DOT list, it shows Boom International having a few models certified as '250BD-XX'. However, a few lines down, another new company called Benyate Motorsport LLC has that same list of bikes shown on the CARB site as being certified. Both show the engine manufacturer as 'Chongqing Zongshen....' so they use the same 223cc engine, apparently. As far as I could see, Benyate did not have a website, but there were a few Google hits that showed them being headquartered in Sante Fe, NM. Boom is headquartered in the Los Angeles greater metropolitan area. I would be curious as to what the other models on the CARB and EPA/DOT lists look like. We know what the Boom models look like, and they do have a couple dual-sports on their site. For some reason, a few Chinese brands are able to certify a whole slew of bikes that utilize the same engine on the same certificate, and keep in mind not all the models end up here. But I am curious about this new Benyate company and what they will offer (I am guessing the cruiser lookalike of the Boom model is one of them). At least there will be some more affordable Chinese bikes available in California, including some more dual-sports via Boom.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2022, 12:40 AM   #17

Thanks for the info! I'm also curious about the FY250-15 that claims to have a 400cc (actual 367cc) water-cooled engine with a two-pipe exhaust

Old 03-25-2022, 12:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncorides View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm also curious about the FY250-15 that claims to have a 400cc (actual 367cc) water-cooled engine with a two-pipe exhaust
The Australian company, Braap, are supposed to come to the US, and do show a 400cc cruiser which are possibly OEM'd by that company: https://braaapusa.com/products/braaap-cruiser

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #19

Great find! It looks like it's the same as the FY250-15 so you're probably right about the same OEM. Hopefully Venom picks up the 400cc model or Braaap opens up more US dealership/partnerships

Old 03-26-2022, 05:19 PM   #20

What's inside that box???

Hi Everyone,

I just took a really GOOD LOOK at that picture on Venom's site of this bike and I noticed something kind of odd about it. If you take a good look at the area where the Oil or Water Cooler (or whatever it is) is located you'll notice that there isn't anything inside the that box. When you look at the holes in the grill you can see all the way through it. Where is the radiator??? It looks (to me anyway) as if the box itself is empty...

Also, WHERE are the tubes going from the engine to the box and back??? I don't see anything, do you???

I would ask someone at Venom MotorSports to take a CLOSEUP picture of the box (AND GRILL) and post it to them...

I don't know if anyone else saw this or not, but I thought I'd call everyone's attention to it...

Take care and ride safe...

Joe...

Last edited by Joe Schutts; 03-26-2022 at 05:28 PM. Reason: additional info

Old 03-26-2022, 05:34 PM   #21

Hahaha, you are right Joe. The specs at the bottom do say air-cooled, so it looks like the chrome grill thing is a seriously lame styling exercise.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 03-28-2022, 01:31 AM   #22

I saw the bike assembly video on X-PRO USA so I'd give Venom the benefit of the doubt that the wiring is actually done correctly and not just draped over the engine for show. As for the chrome grill I'm with you both, it does seem to just be there for looks. The 400cc model that isn't available yet does say it's water-cooled in the spec sheet though

Old 03-28-2022, 01:41 PM   #23

Would be nice if Braaap listed actual specs on their website...

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 03-28-2022, 03:41 PM   #24

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29901

This thread answered the question of the radiator guard

Old 03-30-2022, 05:41 AM   #25

Getting mine later on today, so i'll see if a radiator could fit behind that guard. Along with the detailed video i'll make in the next couple of days.

Old 04-02-2022, 06:59 PM   #26

Also considering this bike (as it seems the Ghost I may have considered is nowhere to be found anymore), although the water-cooled 400 would be even more attractive if it were available in the states. Looking forward to your video and reviews of the 250.

Funny, Venom and Belmont are marketing this online (as Venom and Boom), but it's still cheaper on Amazon branded as an X-Pro.

Last edited by WBNH; 04-02-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBNH View Post
Funny, Venom and Belmont are marketing this online (as Venom and Boom), but it's still cheaper on Amazon branded as an X-Pro.
X-Pro is also the same people as powersportsmax, and it appears that the big difference is the Powersportsmax version claims it is NOT CARB certified for California, so I am assuming that the X-Pro version is not California-legal, either.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-07-2022, 06:24 AM   #28

BD250-7 (amazon)

I ended up ordering from xpro off amazon was damaged in shipping but they've sent a replacement gas tank and partial refund. Its a lot more comfy than my BD125-2

pic hosting

Last edited by Shmerlin; 06-08-2022 at 12:28 AM.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:57 AM   #29

that looks good!! I normally don't like cruisers, but I really like this bike.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:56 AM   #30

Well, I like choppers, but the fake oil radiator/whatever is kinda lame. Then again, the Kymko Venox 250 also used fake engine casings designed to look like a big air-cooled V-Twin's, while the bike was actually liquid cooled. Kinda the opposite of what's going on here.