Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 07:20 AM   #1

Syx Moto Holeshot

So, the other day, I bought my youngest a Syx Moto Holeshot 2 stroke 50. it was time for a bigger bike, and he wanted a dirt bike like his friend.

I need to take some pictures of it, but it's actually really nice for the price. Way better than the sport bike. And for the price, came better equipped than the old pocket sport bike.

So, anyway, upon arrival, I decided to do some experimenting. This thing looked to have the same size shock as a few of my mountain bikes, so I pulled out a 190mm spare air shock I had sitting around, and would you know it bolted right up! LOL. I have it pumped up to about 150 psi right now. It's more than enough for the little one, but I might have to take it close to it's 300 psi max to hold me. It's only rebound adjustable, but good enough for the little one to ride and do some light dirt riding. I have a DNM RCPS-2 shock on the way. I have this same shock on my downhill bike. Compression and rebound adjustable, with spring preload. More than enough for the mini. lol. Now I just need to find an adjustable fork, and it'll be a fairly decent bike to take out to the dirt park.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #2

Sweet! I sure he will like the new bike. That's pretty cool the the bike shock bolted right up.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-17-2021, 11:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Sweet! I sure he will like the new bike. That's pretty cool the the bike shock bolted right up.

Yep! ANNNNND I found out that my adapters for disc brakes for my mountain bikes fit. I just happen to have an extra set of hydo brakes sitting around, so I'll be fitting those on as soon as I figure the right size I need. Lol. Now, if I can find a fork that's adjustable, hell have the coolest, most advanced mini any kid could want. Lol

Old 03-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #4

They're great little bikes for the price, and take quite a beating once you upgrade the chain.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 03-23-2021, 08:31 AM   #5

So, some news.

The DNM RCPS-2 fits. BUT, you have to move the exhaust, or it will interfere with the shock reservoir. The exhaust will move easily, but if you want to absolutely secure it, a bracket will need to be built. If I have time at work today, I'll build one. lol.

Other than that, the front hydro brake is on. Required a 160mm "IS to post" front mount. From the looks of it, I'll need to same for the rear brake. Unfortunately, the seller I bought from sent me the incorrect mount I needed for the rear. I'm trying to get that resolved. After that, I'll just need to trim the brake line, and the bike should be done.

Pictures as soon as I remember to upload them. lol.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:26 AM   #6

I got slightly cheaper version of that bike for my daughter from Walmart and the top speed was supposed to be 17mph. BS! That thing rips. It will do over 30mph easy. Scared the crap out of me the first time my little girl took off on it. Her only previous riding experience was on a Razor mini bike that did about 10mph. She did great though! Riding with the kids is so much fun.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #7

Lol. Yeah man. Don't trust those speed ratings. They're always higher for these little bikes. You can move the screw in the throttle to limit it lower.

Well, day before yesterday, the kiddo finally got to ride. I didn't start the bike until that day. It took 30 minutes for me to get the damn thing to actually start. Another 20 minutes to keep it running. My son loved it. It was too dark to take it on the street, but he got to roll it through the yard for an hour. Yesterday, he was supposed to ride with me on the street. The bike REFUSED to start. Wouldn't even run for more than 10 seconds. Then, and many frustrated pulls, the pull start broke. I'm so upset. I've contacted syx, and they want pictures of the broken part. So I'll need to take a video of pulling the start before I take it apart for pictures. I've also asked for a new carb, as I believe that's the problem with the start issue.

I had better luck with the other mini, and it was cheaper and not as well made. Lol.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Lol. Yeah man. Don't trust those speed ratings. They're always higher for these little bikes. You can move the screw in the throttle to limit it lower.

Well, day before yesterday, the kiddo finally got to ride. I didn't start the bike until that day. It took 30 minutes for me to get the damn thing to actually start. Another 20 minutes to keep it running. My son loved it. It was too dark to take it on the street, but he got to roll it through the yard for an hour. Yesterday, he was supposed to ride with me on the street. The bike REFUSED to start. Wouldn't even run for more than 10 seconds. Then, and many frustrated pulls, the pull start broke. I'm so upset. I've contacted syx, and they want pictures of the broken part. So I'll need to take a video of pulling the start before I take it apart for pictures. I've also asked for a new carb, as I believe that's the problem with the start issue.

I had better luck with the other mini, and it was cheaper and not as well made. Lol.
Wow.. ours started on the second pull the very first time, and usually starts on the first pull since then. Gotta be something screwy with your carb.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 03-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Wow.. ours started on the second pull the very first time, and usually starts on the first pull since then. Gotta be something screwy with your carb.

Yeah. That's what I'm figuring. I also saw a video where they said the spark plug was the problem. So I have. New one on the way. I really want my kiddo to ride the syx. His friend with the GB moto 2 stroke is getting cocky, because his bike is faster than the mini sport bike. Once they're on equal footing, they'll push each other to do better.

I'm not sure if they'll send me the carb or not. I just took pictures of the pull start. I requested a carb, though

Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 AM   #10

Syx is sending a new pull start and carb!!! The customer service is no joke! My little one has been dying to ride his bike. Can't wait until he's able to.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:41 AM   #11

For the new carb and pull start in Thursday. Friday, I had the day off, so I picked up the kiddo, and started on his bike. I started with the starter and spark plug. The bike had a little trouble starting, but could start, and run for a while. It would randomly cut off on deceleration. After it cut off on my son down the street from the house, I decided to change the carb out. I played with the settings on the needle, and found the second line from the top seems to give good response, but it idles high, and it ain't coming down with the idle screw. Lol. No biggie. The thing rips, but my son is still a little scared of speed since his get off with the other bike. He wants to ride dirt now, though. So, I gotta plan a trip for us to go one weekend.

Old 04-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #12

Just scored another one for $200. Gonna make it a supermoto

Edit:. Looking at the bike, this one is a holeshot-x. Different frame and shock position and exhaust. Just saw it has a bent fork. Not a big deal, as I've found replacements for cheap. But I'm looking for adjustable forks. No luck so far. Anything below 740 mm long is not adjustable. These are 540mm forks.

Aliexpress has the fork, and I hope tires. If not, bridgestone or dunlop actually has some. Lol

Last edited by Falkon45; 04-03-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #13

Got the other holeshot running... Kinda. It acts like it runs the bowl dry if I go full throttle, and it can't recover when I'm off throttle. Me and the little oneb haber been tearing up the front yard. Lol. I've had two low sides trying to show the kiddo what's what. It's been fun. This little thing is fast. Again, I had a leftover MTB shock that had a 1200 in/lbs spring on it. That was enough to support me riding the bike. Half tempted to keep it for myself now. Lol.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #14

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1YmibWkWpGmfcU2v6

Pictures of the "build" so far. Wishing I had my camera on me when the little one and I were riding together

Old 04-08-2021, 01:20 AM   #15

Me and the little one took the bikes out again today. Decided to do a speed run. Thankfully, the road in my neighborhood is straight to a culdesac. I finally got the kiddo to go full throttle, but he wouldn't stay there for long. My first run on the holeshot-x managed 22mph. Then I noticed my rear tire was low. Took it up to 40 psi, and my second run netted a little over 24mph. The kiddo opened it up when I got next to him at those speeds and walked away. Like I was on my brakes. I'm sure he can hit every bit of 30mph.

I'm having a problem with bolts coming loose constantly on the new holeshot, though. The engine bolts have come loose again, including ones with blue loctite, and the exhaust bolts came loose also. Going to go to normal hex head bolts for the engine, instead of the Allen head bolts. The exhaust bolts I'll have to figure out. I should drill all of them for lock wire. Lol.

The kiddo also complained about the bike not wanting to stop when he used the front brake. This confirmed the crappy brake pads used on the clarks brakes. Glad I bought new pads ahead of time.

The holeshot-x has upgrades on the way. Got some kenda scooter tires and a taller handlebar. I was going to buy some 4 piston downhill bike brakes, but they got sold before I decided to get them. Guess I shouldn't have second guessed them. $89 dollars for them. The next cheapest set is almost double the price, and didn't have the master cylinder in the orientation that I want. I'll keep looking.

Also got the his friend's dad out to ride in his coleman mini bike. Of course, he smoked us both. Lol. Looks like it's time for us to terrorize the neighborhood this summer. Lol.