Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
well my shipping is going to about the most expensive,,,as its coast to coast,,almost $500...if it were.nt for the decent deal they are offering i wouldnt do it..I think that is a little high ,,,an maybe they are trying to make some of their money back
Actually, that price is not too bad for shipping across the country. I paid $238 to get my Zong shipped from Seattle to Idaho.

I am tempted to get on the list, but I own too many motorcycles already, and one Chinese bike is enough for me. Also, my Zongshen 200GY-2 is running great, and serves me well for the riding I assign to it.

I now have ridden about 67,000 miles on my Zongshen 200GY-2, recently completing a 5-day ride across Idaho's Magruder Corridor. I will post a ride report soon.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
well my shipping is going to about the most expensive,,,as its coast to coast,,almost $500...if it were.nt for the decent deal they are offering i wouldnt do it..I think that is a little high ,,,an maybe they are trying to make some of their money back
That's not bad. Just did an online quote and it was $744 to Georgia!!

Old 09-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #93

I'd bet mine would win the contest for most expensive shipping. I live near Hilo Hawaii!

Old 09-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #94

Don't know if this has been posted or not. It's the English rebrand.

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial.../#.VA-swmBX-uY

http://www.morebikes.co.uk/2014-honl...-250cc-review/

Old 09-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
I have toured quite a lot in the US, Canada and Africa. I'm currently planning a ride through the Americas through South America.
I might suggest a SSR XF250, or the XF200, simply because there are quite a few Qingqi outlets south of the US/Mexico border. Come to think of it, the Bashan rep on the thread on mychinamoto.com gave me several brands that Bashan is sold through throughout Central and South America which would even make a Bashan a consideration for a tour.

Then again, you are probably leaving from Georgia, whereas my perspective is here on the Mexican border.

I love the stout engine in my TMEC 200 (Zongshen air-cooled) so I am sold on the idea of an all-out Zongshen liquid-cooled 250cc bike, but I tense up at the thought of fuel-injection on a Chinese bike. Not to scare anyone away...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #96

Quote:
Just did an online quote and it was $744 to Georgia!!
Wow--$500? $750?

I wonder if these are assembled and PDI'd. I couldn't imagine them wanting to send these in a box and all the hassle that would create, although the shipping would be a heck of a lot less!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
II tense up at the thought of fuel-injection on a Chinese bike. Not to scare anyone away...
Two people, Chinamoto guy and the Uk reviewer, have complain about the EFI on the pre-production bike. I sure hope Zongshen got the bugs worked out.

But the UK reviewer said 90+ mph top speed and smooth engine. Wow!

Old 09-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I am tempted to get on the list, but I own too many motorcycles already, and one Chinese bike is enough for me.
That sounds like a challenge to your fellow enablers.

I'll start.

You know you want one, Spud. You deserve one. You should reward yourself with one. Since you don't have a wife, you should have many motorcycles and allow us to live vicariously through you.

Ok, you guys chime in.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #99

maybe another modern chinese legendary classic (MCLC) is coming up here, in the footsteps of the Zongshen 200GY-2? who would want to miss out?

what s my excuse: if it gets to be available in oz at that price, i ll get one, and turn the xl into a classic-trial-only bike.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #100

To the best of my knowledge, there is one 'pretender to the throne' for TW200 Mileage King. An Israeli on the TW200 forum claimed to have recorded 120,000 kms (75,000 miles) on his TW200, before he sold it, and moved on to a larger motorcycle. My Zong is rapidly approach 67,000 miles (108,000 kms), so I am getting close to the record. Therefore, I feel it is my duty to continue lavishing affection, and riding time, upon my Zongshen 200GY-2. Acquiring a ZS250GY-3 would draw precious riding time away from my beloved Sierra, and the pursuit of the all-time mileage record.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #101

you ll catch up with him and leave him far behind! we ll have a forum party when that happens.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Two people, Chinamoto guy and the Uk reviewer, have complain about the EFI on the pre-production bike. I sure hope Zongshen got the bugs worked out.

But the UK reviewer said 90+ mph top speed and smooth engine. Wow!
My last 3 bikes have had EFI, Yammy XT1200Z, Husky TR650. and CRF250L. Everyone of them has/had a fueling issue off idle. These bikes are set up extremely lean presumably to pass US emmsion standards. If you blip the throttle just before coming to a stop they stall. I've used spoofers and EFKs to overcome this issue.The best fix is simply just to idle into a stop.I suspect the RX3 is no different.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post

I love the stout engine in my TMEC 200 (Zongshen air-cooled) so I am sold on the idea of an all-out Zongshen liquid-cooled 250cc bike, but I tense up at the thought of fuel-injection on a Chinese bike. Not to scare anyone away...
Yeah I hear you on this one. The fuel management on this bike is sourced from Delphi, they have US service centers and the manual for this system is in English! This lets me sleep at night.

http://www.huntermotorcycles.com.au/...l%20Manual.pdf

Old 09-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #104

Quote:
The fuel management on this bike is sourced from Delphi, they have US service centers and the manual for this system is in English!
Excellent news! How did you find that information?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #105

It states in the specs of the bike that it uses the US Delphi EFI system. I was quite surprised myself.