Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #1

Honda Muffler

I found a new, but cheap, muffler from a CRF250X. Seller says it's very quiet. Since quiet is very subjective, does anyone know how loud this honda muffler is compare to china bike muffler? Also, it's stainless. I hope my cheap mig welder can handle it.

The website Dirtriders says "the stock [CRF250X]...is a quiet 89 decibels..." and the FMF Q muffler is 92-decibel. How many decibels is our china bike muffler?

Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #2

I dont know the answer to your question. It does sound like a good possibility for an alternative. Perhaps one of the many You Tube videos can give some sort of an idea how it sounds?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #3

Hey dragon, the crf x muffler is probably not much quieter than the stock, but it should have a much less tin can sound ,it will be lower and much better sounding. im putting a crf r muffler on mine. It shouldnt be as loud as a crf r because sound is a product of HP, and with 15 Hp less it should be quieter. Keep me posted and ill do the same. OH YEAH, I removed the cat in my pipe today and it isnt any louder but i think it more powerfull. 8)