Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics

Old 08-29-2016, 03:33 PM   #1

Video: Got my RPS Hawk Back! + New Riding Partner = Grasshopper?

Hey guys,

I posted a new motovlog this morning. In the video I ride both my Boom 125cc Vader (for a little over a minute) and my RPS Hawk 250. I also ramble on a bit about the RPS Hawk 250. If you'd like to watch it here it is!

Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 AM   #2

Nice video. One question though. What do you mean "Got my hawk back" Where was it? Your videos would be much better if you would cut out the obscene language. As you get older will notice that intelligent people don't use a lot of swear words. It only makes you sound childish and immature. When you get the Vader to the point that you can stomp your sister let us know.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
Nice video. One question though. What do you mean "Got my hawk back" Where was it? Your videos would be much better if you would cut out the obscene language. As you get older will notice that intelligent people don't use a lot of swear words. It only makes you sound childish and immature. When you get the Vader to the point that you can stomp your sister let us know.
I'll admit, I threw this video together quickly (been super busy lately) and completely forgot to throw in the footage explaining why I "got my hawk back." I let my buddy borrow the Hawk for a week so that he could ride it in a few trails up in South Dakota. Going a week without my Hawk was rough, so I was ecstatic when I picked it back up from him.

As far as the explicit language, I'm going to try and cut it back as much as I can. I don't like having all the cursing in my videos, but I haven't had much footage to work with lately, so I end up throwing it in and bleeping it out. I'm going to make an effort to clean up my videos a bit more.

Last Thursday, I swapped the Vader's stock 14t front sprocket with a 16t front sprocket and the power delivery definitely feels better now. Not only did I gain a higher top speed by going +2, but the bike seems to make better use out of its powerband which is in the low-mid revs, so acceleration seems to have improved as well. Even though I still need to tune the carburetor, it'll be a much better race between my sister and I this time around. Hopefully next week's video will include another Vader vs Grom race!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MaXiPaD_ View Post
As far as the explicit language, I'm going to try and cut it back as much as I can. I don't like having all the cursing in my videos, but I haven't had much footage to work with lately, so I end up throwing it in and bleeping it out. I'm going to make an effort to clean up my videos a bit more.
Still a lot less than 99% of the other Moto-vlogs out there

As long as it's bleeped I can watch it with the kiddo don't know how many fun motorcycle videos the kiddo wants to watch with me but I won't let him due to language add a little bleep around the bad mouthing and my kid gets in on the fun too

The kiddo and I enjoyed all the wheelies and massive jumps bro

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Still a lot less than 99% of the other Moto-vlogs out there

As long as it's bleeped I can watch it with the kiddo don't know how many fun motorcycle videos the kiddo wants to watch with me but I won't let him due to language add a little bleep around the bad mouthing and my kid gets in on the fun too

The kiddo and I enjoyed all the wheelies and massive jumps bro

Thanks Azhule!

And that's essentially what I'm after...I would like to have a channel that's clean enough to watch with the family.

Sort of "Fooligan"-esque...

Just about every Sunday we'll have a big family meal/get-together and there are times where I'll kick on a new Fooligan video in the living room and it's nice not having to worry about curse words flying out of their mouths.. After making it nearly "routine" to watching Fooligan on Sunday's after our meal, now most of the family watches it alongside of me and enjoys it nearly as much as I do.

That's what I want...

Old 08-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #6

Great video--

My suggestions--less talking, more riding. Not that I am against anyone talking, but it seems that that has become the 'formula' for these videos. I am 48 years old, so it could be a generational thing where young(er) people love hearing someone talk, so don't listen to me if I am in the minority, and don't think I won't watch your videos. I try to watch 'Motocheez' as much as I can, and that guy doesn't shut up! LOL

Bad words--I couldn't care less, personally, and working in the state prison, if I got a quarter for every bad word I hear, I would have been able to retire after only 5 years there; that being said, I would avoid them at all costs! Why? Because they are unnecessary, and it would actually make your videos unique--everyone making moto-videos throw out 'f' bombs like they are drunken soldiers caught in a bar fight, so if you were to cut them out, with the odd one bleeped out with comedic effect, you might be able to gain audience members from corners of the web that you didn't expect, like riding parents who let their kids watch your videos with them.

Keep up the work, and more Grom-clone videos!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-31-2016, 12:38 PM   #7

Thanks culcune!

As far as the talking goes, I agree. I feel I need to cut it back a bit. Especially since I fumble my words a lot and take long pauses when I talk, which makes the talking bits a little awkward (at least for me).

If only the quarter per bad word was a real thing... haha!

Old 09-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #8

Too bad you are almost 8 hours away... I have family over towards the Kimball and North Platte areas, but I rarely ride my bikes down to see them...

Might need to start making it down on a Moto and see about making a side trip out towards your area to go for a ride with another ChinaRider inmate

Kiddo and I have been enjoying that "Cat and Mouse" video over and over lately , you need to get a slightly longer range device... it looks like you had to get within 10 or 15 feet to activate the one you currently have

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Too bad you are almost 8 hours away... I have family over towards the Kimball and North Platte areas, but I rarely ride my bikes down to see them...

Might need to start making it down on a Moto and see about making a side trip out towards your area to go for a ride with another ChinaRider inmate

Kiddo and I have been enjoying that "Cat and Mouse" video over and over lately , you need to get a slightly longer range device... it looks like you had to get within 10 or 15 feet to activate the one you currently have
That sounds good! If you are ever nearby, let me know! I'm always down to ride!

And I'm glad you guys have been enjoying that video! It may not seem like it, but that video took a lot of work to put together. The fart machine was nearly worthless, but it definitely added a comical side to the game!

Make sure to check out my latest one I posted today.. I think it's one of the funniest video's I've posted thus far.