Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #1

GO Kart

I'm looking to get my son a go kart for his 5 year birthday present and was look to get into something like TrailMaster Mini XRX GoKart.

It needs a harness and roll bar. I want him to be able to grow into it and not get bored with one of those tiny ones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #2

Don't bother with a kart .Get him a Honda 50 or a clone mini bike ,or even a small quad .The go kart is fun for a while ,but eventually he will get bored with such a limited area to ride as they are pretty much no good for trails and places like that ,let alone the beating his body will take in a kart on rough ground .I had both and my kids did as well ,the kart gets forgotten in a hurry .

Old 08-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #3

He has a dirt bike. but I wanted to get him into racing. His uncle races a Porsche and I've done some karting, but I want him to really learn car control. I will make a nice track on my property and get some telemetry so I can keep track of his times.

I competitively shoot and racing and shooting are the same unless you are good by the time you are 12 you will struggle at the highest levels of either sport. Not that I want him to be a pro driver or shooter but I want him to at least have the opportunity to do well.

(No pressure but he better be on the Olympic shooting team and an F1 driver by the time he is 18)

Old 08-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
(No pressure but he better be on the Olympic shooting team and an F1 driver by the time he is 18)
And speak another language and play guitar...

I didn't realize that you meant a track cart. If you have a track nearby and you're into supporting such a hobby, it could be a lot of fun. Have you checked out CL for used carts? You might find a terrific deal.

I rode an Italkart once, and it was insane.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #5

Over the years we have had a few Birell karts come through our hands ,we raced one season but it was a bit of a problem with scheduling conflicts so we never went back .Like weld ,I thought from the name of your kart it was a cheap yard Kart .
Find a local track with a racing program and let him go .

Old 08-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #6

I was hoping to get something for the dirt at first. I have a bunch of land and a backhoe so I can make a track in the backyard. He is currently 4 so I dont want something too fast. I want the mistakes to happen on the track at home/ I want him to experience a Kart that pushes and a Kart that is loose.

I will look into the sanctioned racing too.