Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2023, 04:55 PM   #1

2008 Wildfire WFG-200LDB with Lifan 164-FML Engine

Hi all - New lurker for a bit while I search the past threads. This is a really cool forum. Thank you for all of the great knowledge here.

Short version: Just bought a Wildfire WFG-200LDB with a brand new title that was never signed over, and less than 3 miles on the bike. It came from a local dealer in East Tennessee that had it in storage as a leftover for many years. I took a chance on it due to the low miles and blank title for $850 Title says it is 2008

Issues: Seller (that I trust very much but may not have full story) said that someone swiped the keys and the keyed ignition cap, so I am in process of buying a new keyed ignition and gas cap set from ebay.

The rubber and some plastic parts on it are dry rotted, so I would like to go through it and replace some of the linkage rubber grommets etc. The battery box was also cracked and needs replacing, and there is also the original tool box in back w tools still in it.

My question: I have read that this is a Hondoid, GY2 Clone w Lifan motor. So, when I search for rubber parts and battery holder etc, should I be searching on Honda? GY2? Or is there a smarter place to look and get stuff that will match.

Examples: long rubber grommets that go on the plastics mounts, the clutch interface (long segmented grommet), battery box, tool box etc.

I will post some pics soon as I go and hopefully help someone else looking for same thing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UhT27QUmpwCQ8b9z8

Last edited by Gawngator; 01-28-2024 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added more discussion beyond grommets etc

Old 12-30-2023, 01:43 PM   #2

Test: Posting Pics

Testing post pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231214_185647.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	30588   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231214_185652.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	30589   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231214_185724.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	30590  

Old 12-31-2023, 03:08 PM   #3

Motor: 164-FML

CDI Unit under seat is Xianfeng
XF080813 - BY

Old 12-31-2023, 04:08 PM   #4

Those were a pretty common bike sold under many different names (be glad yours isn’t a “ladyboy” model ) we don’t see them around much anymore so you are just going to have to search and order stuff from pictures or find your own work arounds .Those older bikes generally had shitty plastics ,so I have tons of old race bike plastics around and I would just zip tie something else to the bike that I had in my stash .I would imagine ,those bikes are possibly still in use in parts of the world ,so you might find they are still available new with parts support in Thailand or somewhere like that .Parts were one of the worst problems with those early bikes ,lots of places were importing bikes but no parts ,but generally they were a descent working bike .You paid every bit of what they sold for back in the day ,actually a little over as we could purchase those in Canada for $650-750 back then .Another thing to watch is the spokes ,as they would get loose then bust off chunks of the hubs effectively ruining the wheel which was hard to come by back then l would check them often for the first several months .

Old 01-01-2024, 02:41 PM   #5

Bruces - Thx very much. That is what I suspected, and I have already found some pretty common parts (replaced the twist throttle and cable) but looks like trial and error with a good amount of this. I am going to try and fab up a battery box for now and see what I can come up with.

Tags
hondoid, lifan, wfg-200ldb, wildfire