Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: Which Best Describes The Way You Browse ChinaRiders?
I use a computer (desktop/laptop) 100% 110 50.23%
I use a mobile device (phone) 100% 27 12.33%
I use a computer (desktop/laptop) at least 75% 37 16.89%
I use a mobile device (phone) at least 75% 14 6.39%
I use a mobile device and computer equally (50/50) 31 14.16%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #31

My phone

Old 08-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #32

use lap top 100% of the time ,an look into new posts ,an some that have more then enough response I tend to leave alone

Old 04-05-2020, 04:21 AM   #33

where's the ios app???? hint hint lol

Old 05-01-2021, 09:58 AM   #34

browse poll

old biker here 100% on laptop

Old 05-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #35

Phone most of the time, but occasionally I'll use a PC or laptop, but I cant remember my password so it's usually just browsing.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 05-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #36

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
yeah, I go with my desk top when researching bikes and riding areas.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #37

I run the USB installer program and install linux on a USB flash drive.The USB installer walks you through the process.The only cost is a clean flash drive wih at least 4gb capacity.

The USB will need to be formatted and the installer will do that for you. Any info on the flash drive will be erased forever.

To run the flash drive, your USB port(s) must be set to boot first before the hard drive or operating system.This is done in BIOS and is different between computer manufacturers and installed hardware.

I search the computer model I am running the flash drive on, on youtube, to find out how to make the USB ports boot first. Once the boot menu is set to boot USB first, restart the computer, and it will boot into the Linux flash drive.

Once you're up and running on Linux USB, you can play around with it. It will ask you if you want to run the demo or install it. I demo, then if I like it, I install it next to windows except for my current computer and my son's.

I installed them and let the flash drive remove Windows. I would keep windows for a while to be sure you don't need it for certain things that Linux may not be able to do. Some of the newer Linux USB setups will have the option of checking your computer for compatibility.I run that. I've never had any issues come back.

If you want to access the internet with the flash drive just set up your connection similar to Windows. It's a bit of a crippled set up. It doesn't have access to all the computer's hardware.

It will be a little slow. It's pretty fast when installed fully. Since it doesn't interact with the hard drive, there's little to no chance of getting a virus or other info stealing bugs. When you're done, and shut down the computer, all the info on the USB is lost except the Linux version you installed on the flash drive.

You can use it over and over. It can also be reformatted and another Linux version installed using the same method described here.

Old 01-05-2022, 02:21 PM   #38

I run the USB installer program and install linux on a USB flash drive.The USB installer walks you through the process.The only cost is a clean flash drive wih at least 4gb capacity.

The USB will need to be formatted and the installer will do that for you. Any info on the flash drive will be erased forever.

To run the flash drive, your USB port(s) must be set to boot first before the hard drive or operating system.

This is done in BIOS and is different between computer manufacturers and installed hardware.I search the computer model I am running the flash drive on, on youtube, to find out how to make the USB ports boot first.

Once the boot menu is set to boot USB first, restart the computer, and it will boot into the Linux flash drive.

Once you're up and running on Linux USB, you can play around with it.It will ask you if you want to run the demo or install it. I demo, then if I like it, I install it next to windows except for my current computer and my son's.

I installed them and let the flash drive remove Windows. I would keep windows for a while to be sure you don't need it for certain things that Linux may not be able to do. Some of the newer Linux USB setups will have the option of checking your computer for compatibility. I run that. I've never had any issues come back.

If you want to access the internet with the flash drive just set up your connection similar to Windows. It's a bit of a crippled set up. It doesn't have access to all the computer's hardware. It will be a little slow.

It's pretty fast when installed fully. Since it doesn't interact with the hard drive, there's little to no chance of getting a virus or other info stealing bugs. When you're done, and shut down the computer, all the info on the USB is lost except the Linux version you installed on the flash drive.

You can use it over and over. It can also be reformatted and another Linux version installed using the same method described here.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:19 AM   #39

I have a Moto G7 Power with a nice big bright screen, and I wear 2.0 power reading glasses but still don't like browsing on my cell phone.

I have twin HD monitors on my desktop, and it allows me to edit and post photos on the forum, and I can view forum pages, videos and photos at full size and resolution. Having a second monitor means I can browse the web or watch videos on one screen while while reading forum pages on the other.

I just use my phone for calls, text, and navigation. Once in a while, I squint at it for browsing!

Old 02-23-2022, 06:13 PM   #40

Apple iPad
1982 Kawasaki KD80 - (Sold)

Old 02-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #41

Laptop always

Old 05-13-2022, 07:47 PM   #42

I'd say I use the computer at least 75%, likely 90% or greater of the time, but I'd browse the forum more on mobile if it weren't a constant zoom-unzoom and trying to tap the correct link/icon situation. Even just trying to compose a post/message on a cell phone was pretty painful for me when it came time to make edits in the composition window. Odd behavior from the forum's text area that was only compounded by having to be zooming and swiping in the process of working around it.

Unfortunately for ChinaRiders, most web traffic is from cell phones, even in 2018 when this poll was created. If people can't easily use a website on their phone, they're likely to move on quickly. I'm someone who grew up using desktop computers, and have spent several years working in IT, and prior to that I worked as technical support. Yet I still only come here on my cell phone when it's the only convenient device nearby.

Old 05-30-2022, 12:46 AM   #43

Since, I'm a computer geek with more computer's than I know what to do with (really), I primarily use Mac OS on 2 MacBook Pro's, a Mac Mini or a MacBook Air. I run Fedora Linux on another MacBook Pro. I also run various Linux distro's (Fedora, OpenSuse, Peppermint, MX, Ubuntu Studio...etc) including 1 pure UNIX (BSD) on several PC laptops and a couple of mini desktops. I also run with 3 Chromebooks. I have some other computers/laptops just hanging around waiting for use. Acutally, each computer has a specific use (general surfing, music production, video production, programming, software testing, etc). So, they are spread out throughout the entire house.

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)