Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2019, 10:11 PM   #1

Use throttle, engine bogs then dies.

TaoTao Hellcat 125cc 1000 kilometers service time. No issues so far besides some loose bolts. Cleaned the air filter (really nothing on it), cleaned and lubed the chain, changed spark plug changed the oil, soon to change the oil filter and also changed the FUEL FILTER... Now though when I start the bike and use the throttle, the bike bogs down and dies. Even after letting it warm up. Fuel comes through the filter just fine. I've read that the carburetor should be cleaned but it didn't do that before I touched the fuel filter. Even put original fuel filter and spark plug back in and still bogs and dies. Tried the fuel filter in both directions, still bogs and dies. No leaks, everything's connected and tightened. Petcock is set to on and plenty of fuel. I'll try adjusting the choke and idle speed later and see what happens.

Perhaps I should've just stuck with my Japanese scooter but I wanted to learn manual transmission somehow but the luxury of just taking it to the shop being gone with this bike being Chinese made is testing my patience and irretrievable time. Maybe time to hang it up if I can't fix this as I have ZERO mechanical knowledge and then become a bother posting question after question on here asking what to do. Just got this thing last month too...sigh...HAHA! Yeah so anyways. 😀🔫

Last edited by AUDAN2019; 09-17-2019 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Tags
dies, engine, filter, fuel, throttle