Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2023, 10:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
You can't go wrong with a Honda, and it seems they are a little more reasonably priced these days. I wonder how bad the China bikes have dug into their market share. lol

The truth is, I need to go bigger engine for what I want on the highway. I could go for a 300cc enduro, but that just seems wrong. Instead, my next bike will be a Kawasaki Vulcan. So many of them available used for less than I paid for the Hawk, and it's the original cruiser I wanted before my buddy convinced me to get a Harley. I don't regret the Harley, just "lesson learned" and I will never go back.
Just bought an old '96 Vulcan 800 myself.. my friend bought it as a temp bike while his VTX1300 was getting custom paint. Rode it less than 2 months.. so I snatched it up. Mustang seat, V&H pipes, highway bars... 24k original miles. $1800.

The difference to the Hawk, yeah it's not even in the same league, obviously. Sure, I could have gotten a Vulcan S 650, or even a 1500 classic, but for me, the point wasn't more power, or FI, it was comfort at an affordable price.

I've got well over $2400 into my Hawk incl purchase price... under $2k for the VN800 is a no-brainer. You won't regret it. Vulcans are some of the best bikes made.