Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #31

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Quote:
Originally Posted by GY_Racing
Still no word back from F.I, safe to say they are ducking me. I don't have the resources or the time to start a drawn out legal battle especially for just a grand. The legal process would cost more in time and money then it would be worth. Perhaps the grey dealers know that?
Sitting..Waiting..Wishing..
I think that's what a lot of these (including the 3 you have named) questionable sellers count on.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #32

That MCO Porterz does look fake......Im not sure but should it not say Chongqing Lifan Industry Group or something like that and not American Lifan???
I dont know it looks pretty close to the same as mine did with a few differences....crazy stuff man!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #33

Sorry GY,

Didn't know you were in the same boat..

Hope all works out for you!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #34

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
I just spoke with the commissioner of the CT DMV. He checked into everything and since the bike was technically within safety guidelines he will manually put it in the computer. He also told me that Lifan is not a approved CT manufacturer but since it is federally and it was bought from a out of state dealer where it was approved in that state it would somehow get by some loophole in the system. I am going down to the DMV now and will let you know how I made out. He gave me the name of a supervisor that I need to ask for to put it in. I will also give out his name and number via PM if another member has the same problem (I am sure they will) as a Lifan vin number starting in LF3 that goes to be inspected or a MSO that lists "dirtbike" will be denied in CT. I am very excited
8O 8O

Old 05-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #35

Excellent!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #36

Good for you, congrats!!! :P

Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #37

I got the plates!! I am now a full time china rider!! It feels so good after waiting all this time and going threw all the with DMV and AL. Apparently there was 2 different problems as stated in the note I posted. #1 AL is not an approved man. for CT and #2 The importer never sent in the vin to the DMV so the "vin did not conform" when they looked it up. The DMV guy thought it was not in the system because its still so new that they never got around to putting it in. I am pretty sure it's not in the computer for a reason... AL. Well now I just have to worry about parts if I need any. Apparently not only is AL making it near impossible to reg grey bikes but they also are refusing to sell parts to grey owners. When I talked to them they confirmed my bike was infact grey. They even threatened me not to try and register it.

If anyone needs the contact info for the CT DMV commissioner just PM me. The number is not published but I had a friend that knew one of his assistants.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on here. I know there was not much you guys could do but just responding and having somewhere to post what was going on helped out. I would have probably just given up when the inspector said there was no way no how it could ever be plated if it was not for the forums.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #38

Your welcome,
Port.... oh, that other guy in Conn... Please let your friend know that we are alway's here to help.. Glad to hear your on the road...

Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #39

When I talked to them they confirmed my bike was infact grey.

This doesn't make sense for them to claim that. These were unsold GY-2's that they sold off to ATVD; Shawn confirmed this, so don't let them try to pull the grey over your eyes--these were officially imported by them, unless they deal in "grey" bikes on the side??!! :?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

This doesn't make sense for them to claim that. These were unsold GY-2's that they sold off to ATVD; Shawn confirmed this, so don't let them try to pull the grey over your eyes--these were officially imported by them, unless they deal in "grey" bikes on the side??!! :?
I don't know, all I know is that was what they said when they looked up my vin. They told me I had to sell it as a parts bike to a dealer and then buy an official bike if I wanted to be able to reg or buy parts. You can even call them up and ask them if my dealer F.I is an official AL dealer or not and if the first 3 digits of my vin are AL compliant. I am or was stuck in the middle; at least now I have plates im not as worried. For parts.. that may be another story.. but so far nothing has broke thank god.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #41

Quote:
Quote:

I don't know, all I know is that was what they said when they looked up my vin. They told me I had to sell it as a parts bike to a dealer and then buy an official bike if I wanted to be able to reg or buy parts. You can even call them up and ask them if my dealer F.I is an official AL dealer or not and if the first 3 digits of my vin are AL compliant.
My point isn't if they are official AL dealers or not--Shawn from AL told us here on these hallowed pages that ATV Discounters bought their stock of unsold GY-2's. These were bikes that were officially imported by AL, left unsold, and sold off in a lot or however they sold them off.

You bought one, and they are trying to pull the old "grey" excuse with you?!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #42

here is what I think is happening. They don't even know what they are talking about. They even said that motox was not an AL dealer after I talked to Brian he told me he was so I called back they said he was not and then after awhile of arguing they said oh wait a minute I guess he is. I think they have at least a few morons that pick up the phone im not sure who to believe because they give me conflicting information. Is Shawn authorized to speak for them? If so I would like to contact him directly to get this taken care of once in for all and find out if my vin is grey or not. AL is starting to sound a lot like the DMV, it all depends on who you talk to there or who you get.. One thing is for sure the guys that pick up the phone over there were rather rude joking around about me having to just use my bike to check the mail. They also seem to have bad business ethic as a whole for many other confirmed things they have said like how they refuse to sell parts for gray bikes and how they do not help out customers that buy them as its not the customers fault. I told them if my bike was gray why not go after the dealer? They told me it was my problem not theirs. The whole ethic there leaves a really bad taste in your mouth. I really think I will try my luck with the bird company for my next bike. It may take awhile but the truth will come out about how company's like them operate and how they treat their customers.

Let's put it this way.. When I called them I expected them to tell me not to worry that they were going to go after F.I and get to the bottom of it. Instead they told me it was my fault for buying a gray bike unknowingly and I was on my own. Their threat about going after the dealers was not to better serve the customer but to make sure to make the most money and create a monopoly.

We really need to start a live chat for issues like this, the forums are not effective for this kind of debait thats why we keep getting OT.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know, all I know is that was what they said when they looked up my vin. They told me I had to sell it as a parts bike to a dealer and then buy an official bike if I wanted to be able to reg or buy parts. You can even call them up and ask them if my dealer F.I is an official AL dealer or not and if the first 3 digits of my vin are AL compliant.
My point isn't if they are official AL dealers or not--Shawn from AL told us here on these hallowed pages that ATV Discounters bought their stock of unsold GY-2's. These were bikes that were officially imported by AL, left unsold, and sold off in a lot or however they sold them off.

You bought one, and they are trying to pull the old "grey" excuse with you?!
Could still be a gray bike.They were already selling them before they bought the one's from AL.