Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #1

Performance exhuast or intake for SSR/Qlink XF-250????

Anyone aware of an after market filter or muffler for the xf-250? The bike appears to have the same muffler and air cleaner that came on my xf-200 so I am thinking of upgrading.

I did some searching on a Suzuki tu-250 forum which didn't help much since most of the suzuki riders had concerns over efi and o2 sensors;The xf-250 carb is auto adjusting and I wonder if it would adapt to breathing a bit easier?

Old 09-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #2

Contact these guys who I know had a custom exhaust for the Qlink XF200 several years ago. They have dabbled in the SSRs while simultaneously selling the Qlinks the last year or so, but I think the last of the Qlinks have sold out, and they are now selling the SSR's again. If anyone would know if their exhaust could be adapted, it would be them.

http://www.jpmotorsports.com/

Update:called them, and spoke with the parts guy--he said they might have "one or two" of the exhausts left for the Qlink XF200, and I asked if it could be adapted to the SSR 250, and he is pretty sure they can be. I did not ask about intake upgrades, however...

Also--is your SSR's engine closer to the one used in the TU or the DR200 (I thought someone had mentioned the 250 was closer to the TU). Either way, I thought some of the early TU's used carbs? Wonder if anyone tried upgrading the carbs?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #3

Thanks Culcune that sounds like a good option, I am definitely giving them a call. I bought a new tail light/turn signal assembly for the xf200 from JP's online once.

If no luck there, I am going to Kronik in Simi Valley in the next week or two for a new xf250 speedo and gas tank(warranty). Maybe they will have some ideas.

Yes, the motor is identical to the tu250.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Yes, the motor is identical to the tu250.
Interesting! I didn't realize they used that motor. I knew about the DR125 architecture in the XF200, but the TU250 is a surprise.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer