Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2024, 12:34 PM   #1

Hawk exhaust middle connection gasket tip.

I recently tried the stock, but modded exhaust on my modded Hawk, and while it didn't quite work out, I did discover a usable gasket material. I had used a couple of homemade gaskets made from pop can aluminum, and they work, but are a pain to cut , especially without ripping. I would have reused them, but I had just got done eating a Marie Calendar Teriyaki Chicken " bowl" frozen meal. They can be fixed in a regular oven , so I cut two gaskets out of the bowl, and it was super quick, and easy. This was one of the dinners that come in the white, thick paper bowl, but I would think the ones with the grey coating, almost like Teflon, that things like pot pies come in , would probably be better. I knew that my Hawk was a little off with the stock exhaust, but I still ran it some, and probably put around 100 miles on it, and when I took it back off there was no sign of scorching, and they were still the off white color of the bowl. They did evidently kinda fuse together, and stick to the pipe, but I think they would have held up long term as long as nor taken apart. Anyway, I know you can get the proper gasket, or buy probably gasket material, but I figured I would mention this, just in case someone may either not feel like buying the gasket, or material.