Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2021, 07:04 PM   #1

Electric scooter headache. Can't get the mso/mco

Haven't driven a car or had a license in 18 years. Last year pandemic ebikes were legalized here in NY. So I bought one. Rode it for 7 months bought a new one. New one is red. Cops love pulling red vehicles over. But always released as I can't speed and didn't do anything wrong

Well now I have 5 tickets from a stubborn traffic cop. Thing is electric scooters that look like mine are considered mopeds..even though they have no pedals...
Anyways, I want to register it. I don't even know if they have an mco, as the guy said he does t have it. The shop owner I bought it from.the brand is flywing. And they are very big. All over the 5 boroughs. I'm on long island.
Our ebike laws are nonsense. Scooters up to a 100lbs. And only in population of 1 million or more.....

But how is it that there are hundreds of people riding these scooters and there are shops every 4-5 blocks selling them claiming they are legal?

Old 08-25-2021, 12:29 AM   #2

Which kind of Flywing did you buy? There seem to be several types of bike. I am guessing NY has cracked down on certain e bikes. They used to rent the step-thru type of scooters on an app. They were parked all over NY. I remember seeing videos and reading articles about them, until a TV reporter was killed riding one. I am guessing that woman's death brought about the increased regulations.

Which model do you have? https://flywingny.com/en/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2021, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Which kind of Flywing did you buy? There seem to be several types of bike. I am guessing NY has cracked down on certain e bikes. They used to rent the step-thru type of scooters on an app. They were parked all over NY. I remember seeing videos and reading articles about them, until a TV reporter was killed riding one. I am guessing that woman's death brought about the increased regulations.

Which model do you have? https://flywingny.com/en/
The FW-MONSTER model looks awesome for the next apocalypse! But for $1800 -- I'll wait for the black-market when there will be anarchy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210909_104657.jpg (46.7 KB, 131 views)

Old 09-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbrash View Post
The FW-MONSTER model looks awesome for the next apocalypse! But for $1800 -- I'll wait for the black-market when there will be anarchy!
Just don't ride it in Long Island. I am guessing even the post-apolcalyptic cops would be jerks there!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard