Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #1

I ordered a new Hensim 250 street bike

I have spent many hours researching dealers and bikes. I find the Hensim 250 cruiser to be a great value and nice looking bike. I talked to several dealers and read the comments from you guys, and decided to go with Tim, at V bike. The bike is ordered and you can see it on their website. I am excited and I hope it is what I expect. I have done the DOT research and I don't think I will have a problem getting the tags. I will not be able to ride it for a while as I live in Wisconsin, and it is cold and icy. I have a fairly busy life and will not be able to devote much time to it right away, but when I have something to report I will. I will let you know when it comes, it should be in a few days.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #2

Congrats and thanks for being the guinea pig LOL

VBike was pretty reliable for the bunch of guys who ordered the Hi-Bird 250 enduro, so should be okay for you and this bike.

I didn't know their own site was still up (versus the Countyimports site), but here it is...

http://www.hensimusa.com/

Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #3

Very cool, congrats on the new ride... Hopefully we all get past this cold season soon so we can do some riding under the sun!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #4

Congrats. You won't be able to resist that big box in the garage for too long.

Allen

Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #5

This is exciting, thanks for the comments. Tracking info says it should be here tomorrow!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #6

Make you keep this post updated.

Allen

Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #7

I will keep this updated, it is my chance to share a bunch about a new bike. If I like it I will tell you and if I don't I will tell you, the problem is I won't be able to ride for a while. Today could be the big day!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #8

You can tell us about the fit/finish and assembly process. Realize in WI that you won't be riding until about April. Gives you plenty of time to set the bike up right and correct any potential weak spots.

Allen

Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #9

sounds exciting, do you know the top speed ?

Old 01-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #10

I don't know the top speed but I have read as high as 75 MPH. I will never know as 60 is fast for me. I sure hope 60 is possible.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #11

60 won't be a problem

Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #12

My 250 Hensim showed up late this afternoon, I have a small shop and its in there and the cardboard is off, but that is as far as I can go for now. I will get to it during the day and evening tomorrow, and that should be fun. The crate had a rough trip, but seems to have survived without any damage. It came from Oklahoma to Wisconsin. I guess it may have come all the way from China, I am not sure how this whole thing works.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
It came from Oklahoma to Wisconsin. I guess it may have come all the way from China, I am not sure how this whole thing works.
I think VBikes stocks their bikes in OK. There are some drop shippers, or at least were, who would take orders and ship from China, but I think most US drop shippers today would order from a central place in the US.

Vbikes seem to be on the up and up, and treated a bunch of people here on Chinariders the last couple years, especially when he had a bunch of the 250cc Hi-Bird enduros--they sold like hotcakes, and he (Tim is the owner or manager) seemed to stand behind them pretty well.

You will have to tell us all about this particular bike as I don't think anyone here has one. I don't know if you checked out the link to Hensim USA, but you should see if they are still in existence, or is Countyimports their only source now. If they are in business, you should have a few places to get any needed parts from, starting with VBikes.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #14

Researching this bike was hard, but I am comfortable that I have made a good choice, I hope so. I found three places that sell them and we will have to see how it works out, I will be posting regularly when I have some new info. I should be some tomorrow night, if I have time.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #15

I had a very busy day, so I did not get as far as I had hoped, but I got the angle iron frame off. That stuff is much harder and stronger than American angle iron, that will come in handy someplace. This bike does have cool wheels, aluminum mag look. The handle bars are fine but are not as tall as they appear in the picture on the site. vbikeusa.com It has a big cool gas tank and it is shinny black and looks great. I don't have time for more comments right now, but more tomorrow!