Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2018, 01:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
I installed an upgraded carb and exhaust on my Hellcat, sure I was hoping to gain a lil extra power but mostly because the stock carb and exhaust were junk.
Sorry if you already addressed this...did you change either sprocket? What is the stock gearing?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2018, 02:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Sorry if you already addressed this...did you change either sprocket? What is the stock gearing?
No i havent changed mine, yet, I think it comes with a 14 front, not sure about the rear. I think a 15 or 16 would be about right for my setup.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #18

Who did you all go through for insurance? I’ve always used Allstate but they are having issues getting it insured because the vin is not giving them the information they need.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Congrats! I am speaking in general Chinabike terms, and not to discourage you or anyone else, but these bikes' engines tend to do best kept stock, but upgrade exhaust, carb, and gearing. If memory serves me, these are pretty much pit-bikes (engine-wise as far as engine itself and how it is mounted), so you can buy a crate engine in whatever size you desire. This is only a disclaimer based on conjecture from over the years, so if you are mechanically inclined, and bought one as a project (cheap one at that), don't let me stop you from trying to deal with your stock engine. Worse comes to worse, you will need a new engine anyway. But as far as stock engines go, most everyone around here with pretty much any kind of bike have upgraded exhaust, carb, and gearing and have posted seat-of-the-pants gains, as well as GPS verified gains.
When he says 190CC, I think he's referring to the ZS190CC swap. This is the engine made in the same factory as the Daytona Animas. Comes with electric and kickstart... also a 5 speed transmission. Replaces the spinner with a dedicated oil filter. This engine is so good that the Grom guys are swapping them in. Some guy in Nevada has his bored/stroked to 212cc. Another guy has converted his 190cc to fuel injection.

From the ZS190 facebook group, people have been beating on this engine pretty hard. There's also dyno charts to verify power and stuff like that.

Quote:
I am running 17T in front instead of the stock 15T. Works perfectly for me. I'm seeing 60-65 mph top speed. Acceleration has been fine as well. Allows me to cruise around at 45 mph. However, ultimate goal is to get the ZS190. Then will attempt to run 17/34 or 17/36 in that one.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #20

mine came with a stock 16t. I'll run that for ahwile

Old 04-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #21

I have question.
I didn't want to drive my new hellcat until i did all the mods.
But i shouldn't do the new carb and air box delete/erg until i register the bike?
So basically i needed to put all the plastics back on after doing all the bolts, then take it down to get registered. Then do all the mods?

Old 04-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
the rear sprocket which took awhile to find out since I was chasing a weird sound and turned out to be that.
Can you tell me more about this? How did you fix? I think i might have the same, i have a sheering sound when back wheels spins.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #23

So the only way to replace the lower engine mount bolt is remove the swingarm?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
When he says 190CC, I think he's referring to the ZS190CC swap. This is the engine made in the same factory as the Daytona Animas. Comes with electric and kickstart... also a 5 speed transmission. Replaces the spinner with a dedicated oil filter. This engine is so good that the Grom guys are swapping them in. Some guy in Nevada has his bored/stroked to 212cc. Another guy has converted his 190cc to fuel injection.
Thanks for clarifying as it sounded like the guy wanted to increase his stock bike's engine, which after you wrote does sound a little outrageous ...I know there is a cult following for the Vader(s), Razkull, Fuerza/Little Monster, and now the Hellcat, so there must be all kinds of things going on. The CT70 (DAX)replicas have a cult following, too, and use the same family of horizontal 125cc engines (pit bike) so many people have upgraded to 140cc and 160cc, but in spite of mention of mystery people throwing in 190cc engines, sightings on here or the big group of Chinese CT70 replica on Facebook have been elusive. I am curious to see one (video) on something, whether it is on a GLV ('Grom-like vehicle') or DAX replica.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-05-2018, 12:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying as it sounded like the guy wanted to increase his stock bike's engine, which after you wrote does sound a little outrageous ...I know there is a cult following for the Vader(s), Razkull, Fuerza/Little Monster, and now the Hellcat, so there must be all kinds of things going on. The CT70 (DAX)replicas have a cult following, too, and use the same family of horizontal 125cc engines (pit bike) so many people have upgraded to 140cc and 160cc, but in spite of mention of mystery people throwing in 190cc engines, sightings on here or the big group of Chinese CT70 replica on Facebook have been elusive. I am curious to see one (video) on something, whether it is on a GLV ('Grom-like vehicle') or DAX replica.
Heres a vader with a zs190

Old 04-07-2018, 09:53 PM   #26

Are any of you all having trouble starting your hellcat when it’s cold? I can’t get it to start at all when it’s been dropping bellow 50 outside

Old 04-08-2018, 01:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Are any of you all having trouble starting your hellcat when it’s cold? I can’t get it to start at all when it’s been dropping bellow 50 outside
No sorry. rarely gets below 50

Old 10-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #28

Doh! Choke must be engaged

To the gentleman whose asked about his bike not wanting to start in “cold” weather, I’m going to safely assume that you’re talking about whether under 60° and that you haven’t previously ran the bike that day that you’re trying to start it. What are you do is you fully engage you choke on the left side of your handlebar there is a lever and she was an arrow pointing down on cold days you push that lever all the way down until it warms up after you started. After it’s warmed up can you bring it all the way up again allowing the fuel mixture to be just right for the spark and compression to work perfectly.
Believe it or not I’ve been there myself I worked at this restaurant and I got off work at like f-in 2:30 in the morning Bam couldn’t get the bike to start turn the choke on starting the bike took twice to get it to work after it ran and warmed up released the choke.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #29

Man to be honest I’ve been diving into this website for the last three months since I’ve owned this bike I’ve already swapped out a stock motor with a stock motor and other parts in various stuff but it’s addictive to ride this bike.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #30

So I was driving my ground clone the other night and I had shut it off at a friends house I had shut the petcock off and after about 20 minutes I got back on my bike and I did not remember to turn my petcock back on I ran the carburetor completely out of fuel and I stopped and re-checked everything did it all correctly and I drove for about a mile and a half before I start hearing this backfire and carburetion issue that started making the bike stumble and then ultimately died on the side of the road I tried to restart everything several times check the wiring and everything and I just kept making this blown head gasket property pop pop noise and I let it cool down for a little bit I took the choke and turned it fully on. Restarted the motor and it sounded the same.
Ultimately..
I let it go cool off, for ten minutes.. Returned to normal soon restart.

Was this only because the fuel Ran out the carb?