Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2022, 11:32 AM   #1

Smile "CG125" Clone

Hi all,

Joined and decided to post chronicling my journey with a "CG125" clone, variants of which are popular here on my island. Picked the bike up a few weeks back and have started on some small mods but am yet to get around to modding/tuning the engine.

Chassis is a clone of the venerable cg125, powered by what appears to be a clone of the cb150. The engine code, while not particularly helpful, identifies it as a 162fmj.

Having read through posts by jerryhawk250, megadan etc. I have decided to take the plunge and purchase a wen rotary tool, a "stage 1" cam for the crf150f - not sure if this will fit - and will be taking the plunge to disassemble and modify this little engine once I have all the tools. I will be updating here when I get started and hopefully will be able to gather a bit of information to help fill in my lack of knowledge regarding these platforms.

One thing I am uncertain about, however, what are the differences - if any - between the clone crf230-based engines and the CB clones? I have been searching for a "big bore" kit to hop up the displacement but am unable to tell the differences between parts being advertised for the crf230f and the cb250. Any pointers provided regarding this would be much appreciated. I have ordered a vernier caliper so will be able to remove the valve cover and take measurements once that gets in but would like a little more information until I get to that stage.

Last edited by jamrock876; 07-11-2022 at 04:42 PM.