Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2023, 07:21 PM   #76

Head Scratching What about, Ohio?

I have a Templar X 250 in layaway. Has anyone successfully registered one in Ohio?

Old 02-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #77

https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...27&postcount=1
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 02-21-2023, 05:24 PM   #78

It looks like a common pattern for people having issues with registering the Hawks is that the state DMV cannot properly locate the make under which it is certified road legal in the state. Official DOT list has the manufacturer listed as Chongqing Liyang Jiayu Motorcycle Co., Ltd, but different states have the bike listed under different name. My persoal example is with buying a used bike originally titled in Alabama - that title listed the make as LIYANG. When trying to register and title in Florida, the clerk at the tag office informed me that there is no such make of vehicles on the list authorized for road use in FL. Thankfully I camy prepared and had to show the clerk and his manager the DOT certification spreasdheet - it turns out that in FL system the bikes are listed under the CLJM make and once they typed that in it was smooth sailing from there on.

Old 03-29-2023, 10:26 AM   #79

Checking with Insurance company

I'm worried about getting a China bike legally road approved by the State Of Louisiana.
I first start off by looking at the insurance options as I know I need this in order to get the registration so I figure if I can't find it on the insurance companies website than it's likely gonna be a headache at the DMV

Old 03-29-2023, 10:35 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLocksmith View Post
I'm worried about getting a China bike legally road approved by the State Of Louisiana.
I first start off by looking at the insurance options as I know I need this in order to get the registration so I figure if I can't find it on the insurance companies website than it's likely gonna be a headache at the DMV
Jimmy, it's pretty easy getting these Chinese bike register in Louisiana. I use Geico for insurance. I did all my bikes online. If for some reason the bike doesn't show up in there system, all you need to do is call them and they will enter it manually. I've insured my Hawk back in 2016, Venom X22R, Venom Ghost and most recently The Lifan KPX 250. On the KPX i had to call them as it was the first one to be registered and insured in the US. Took a couple of minute with the lady on the phone and was insured.

If you are buying from Venom Motorsports they will send all the proper paperwork with the bike so you can register the same day.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-30-2023, 07:34 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Jimmy, it's pretty easy getting these Chinese bike register in Louisiana. I use Geico for insurance. I did all my bikes online. If for some reason the bike doesn't show up in there system, all you need to do is call them and they will enter it manually. I've insured my Hawk back in 2016, Venom X22R, Venom Ghost and most recently The Lifan KPX 250. On the KPX i had to call them as it was the first one to be registered and insured in the US. Took a couple of minute with the lady on the phone and was insured.

If you are buying from Venom Motorsports they will send all the proper paperwork with the bike so you can register the same day.
that’s a really cool distinction! You had the first one!

I had the 5th Mini Cooper. I was living in New York City so I needed a pretty small car. Probably the only person to have ever made a profit on a new car. I sold it for more than I bought it for years later.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:46 PM   #82

Templar X250 licensed in Washington State

I just got my new Templar X250 licensed in Washington State. No hassle what so ever. Bill of sale and Notorized MSO from XPRO was all that was needed. Both documents showed it as a "MOTORCYCLE".
2000 Harley FXR4

Old 01-07-2024, 10:43 PM   #83

apollo db 36

has anyone successfully registered and apollo db 36 in NJ, im getting SD plated but i wanna transfer them to Jersey im not even sure if its possible ev i read says no but some say yes i dont get it. i just mailed everything to SD hopefully they dont give me problems i have the apollo db 36 deluxe headlight blinkers mirrors the whole thing

Old 01-08-2024, 12:25 AM   #84

Have anyone registered the 2023 Templar X in the state of GA? My tag office is requiring that the Vin# has to be registered in the NHTSA as I saw someone talking about it in a post here long time ago. I saw someone saying that they got their Hawk registered but that it was a back and forth type of thing. I have the bike already insured with progressive since I did it before going to the tag office but I couldn’t find any feedbacks and any law that requires the state of GA to have the Vin # loaded into the NHTSA so I bought the bike and now I have this problem. I’m trying to find a solution to this problem cause I really will like to have this bike street legal even if it is a OHV. I was thinking on going to FL and register the bike there, get the title and everything in my brothers name and than go to the Tag office in GA and try to transfer it to my name but I dont know if whenever I try to transfer the motorcycle back to my name in GA they will give me the same crap with this NHTSA. Its there anyone that can help me or give me some directions with this manner? It will be very much appreciated.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:56 PM   #85

That's why I created a registration concerns page on tbr7.com. Every state, and every jurisdiction is a little different and it helps to find the right information quickly. I feel like we should create something similar for all bikes where people can input what they had to do to get their bikes properly titled: https://tbr7.com/registrations/

Creator of:
KPX250.com
TBR7.com
DadBodBikers.com
DadBod Bikers YouTube Channel

Owner of:
Various Chinese ATVs
Multiple 2022 KPX 250s
Multiple 2021 TaoTao TBR7s
Magician 250

Old 03-12-2024, 04:28 PM   #86

State of Utah

Utah title and registration. In my case, the MSO stated "Motorcycle" and I purchased the Templar X from PSM. The state DMV website states if you purchase from a dealer out of state you will need form TC-661 Certificate of Inspection to verify the VIN. The state also states if it's classified as ORV and you want a license for on-road use you will need to have a safety inspection done. I did both at a local inspection station for $20. Just in case it was in their system as a dirtbike or ORV. At the DMV, they have difficulty finding the manufacturer in the system but she told me they had a method to add one on the fly. They eventually found it but didn't have the model number listed. She was able to add the model on-the-fly. She mentioned the safety inspection wasn't necessary as the MSO was listed as a motorcycle. Tax, title, and license were a little over $300 (no tax on the shipping charge, just the sales price).

Form link TC-661: https://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-661.pdf

Old 03-12-2024, 05:37 PM   #87

Utah registration posted on this site

This is crazy. New motorcycles don't need inspection in any State that I know of when you have 0 miles and the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) with VIN printed on it in hand, and a bill of sale/invoice.

You should not need an inspection to title and register a new motorcycle when you have the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin. VIN verification may be required for out of State vehicles if they are used (Missouri does require this for used vehicles). People have registered new crate bikes in Utah without inspection.

Here are a couple of them:

https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...TAH#post302519

https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...highlight=UTAH
(within)

Last edited by Thumper; 03-12-2024 at 08:30 PM.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:42 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This is crazy. New motorcycles don't need inspection in any State that I know of when you have 0 miles and the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) with VIN printed on it in hand, and a bill of sale/invoice.
Ummm..."She mentioned the safety inspection wasn't necessary as the MSO was listed as a motorcycle." I read it as he got it inspected just in case.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:53 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Ummm..."She mentioned the safety inspection wasn't necessary as the MSO was listed as a motorcycle." I read it as he got it inspected just in case.
Oh. I clearly missed that. But the thing about TC-661 is just not true. Used, yes, but NEW with Motorcycle Certificate of Origin (MCO, which all Templars come with), No, not needed:

"The state DMV website states if you purchase from a dealer out of state you will need form TC-661 Certificate of Inspection to verify the VIN"

This only applies to used vehicles. I am sure of it.

Glad panzer77 was successful though.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:35 AM   #90

Looks like NJ is a no go for registering a Templar, the manufacturer isn't listed in thier database and powersportsmax isn't interested in contacting them to have the name added. My buddy is going through an online registration process through an LLC in Montana. Fingers crossed it all works.
GasGas TXT 125