Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Web Deals - NEW!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #1

Taotao engines

Got an email from VMC motorcycle parts saying they will be selling engines made by Taotao. Just 50 cc to 125cc for now. That gives us another option for replacement engines. Judging from my experience with their CG engines, quality appears to be very good.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #2

Taotao has stepped up their game the past few years. Heck, most any Chinese motorcycle engine is quite bulletproof. Any complaints on other forums or youtube are probably people who broke in their scooter or kid's ATV on the shipping oil

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #3

Taotao is making Honda clone engines with the horizontal cylinder?

Old 10-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #4

motors

TAO TAO does not make the engine... the brand that they used is the number 4 engine in China.... ZHONGSHEN is number 1 ... loncin and lifan is 2 & 3 ,... then the brand TAO TAO and many others use... it says TZ152FMH180171373 on the motor where the serial number is , The TZ is the brand for the motor... almost all the brands of atv use this one..... the other brands cost motor.... I know this from when I imported a couple of containers,, supplier ask me what motor and told me the extra charge for the motors.... $20.00 for the ZHONGSHEN motor... adds up when you order a 40 ft HQ with about 150 units..... depends on the size of atv... 110 B OR 150 and bigger....... the big problem in th e motors to last is .... the brand of carbs ,,, and adjust the valves on your engines before you give them tot he customer... should be a PDI adjustment ,,, and redo them every year..... saves a lot of bent valves...

Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #5

Difference per engine prices isn’t much but importers of stuff don’t want to outlay the extra resulting in lower quality being sold
Kinda a catch 22 really as all CB CG engines are not that expensive to buy but the business outlet gets to be expensive per container
I can DHL an engine for around $300 tho and works out competitive to the retail price in the USA when compared to the CB motors and I can supply a true 249cc 71.5mm piston by 61.4mm stroke engine giving 15kw and 18 Nm which is the latest type
Regardless of engine shipping ordering sending etc all is pretty much the same

Old 11-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #6

What mfgr? Can they legally be sent to US? Asking for a friend...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
What mfgr? Can they legally be sent to US? Asking for a friend...
I asked DHL ( at $6.75 per KG) and they said should be ok but...... and I also asked another freight forwarder and they said no issue but they quoted me $8.75 per KG.
Around 33Kg for the air cooled motors in their box

So the best YES I can get and can give you

Or simply separate the head and barrel then it is just engine parts not an engine lol - sometimes you just gotta be creative.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I asked DHL ( at $6.75 per KG) and they said should be ok but...... and I also asked another freight forwarder and they said no issue but they quoted me $8.75 per KG.
Around 33Kg for the air cooled motors in their box

So the best YES I can get and can give you

Or simply separate the head and barrel then it is just engine parts not an engine lol - sometimes you just gotta be creative.
I may have to take you up on this!
Are you able to ship it with a wiring harness as well?

Would then really just need a oil cooler.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
I may have to take you up on this!
Are you able to ship it with a wiring harness as well?

Would then really just need a oil cooler.
Can add but what loom? Oil cooler depends if motor cases has it on the right or youuse the oil drain area style

http://www.zse.cc/Products.aspx?Prod...&showCateID=41

In theory all these engines could be bought and sent if available or willing to wait

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 11-18-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #10

Engines

I had 3 110 cc motors shipped from Vancouver by UPS.. they shipped them upside down and the oil leaked out... good thing it was just shipping oil.... like canola oil... non environement damage.. they were going to destroy them .. but for cost savings they gave them back to me.. free... the supplier returned my money... so they were free.. I would thing that buying one motor from CHINA would not be worth it.. for shipping and other fees... import fees and etc... buy local.. a lot of places are cheap... in CANADA ,,, I buy a 110 cc with forward drive... under the $200.00 and then about $40.00 shipping to me..other models not much more.. about $40-50.00 more for reverse.... I sell them for $350.00

Old 11-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
I had 3 110 cc motors shipped from Vancouver by UPS.. they shipped them upside down and the oil leaked out... good thing it was just shipping oil.... like canola oil... non environement damage.. they were going to destroy them .. but for cost savings they gave them back to me.. free... the supplier returned my money... so they were free.. I would thing that buying one motor from CHINA would not be worth it.. for shipping and other fees... import fees and etc... buy local.. a lot of places are cheap... in CANADA ,,, I buy a 110 cc with forward drive... under the $200.00 and then about $40.00 shipping to me..other models not much more.. about $40-50.00 more for reverse.... I sell them for $350.00
You’re talking small engines
Look at the USA prices on 250 or NC I know I can do better n make a dollar while the customer has more options like balance shaft and 6 speed maybe clutch upgrade and stator
I’ve done the costing so I’m well aware