Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2021, 07:01 PM   #1

2020 DB 36 rear wheel quality

Ok we all know that they cheap out when it comes to accessories. Broken levers and inferior bolts. We got this DB 36 last August. Tightened everything and tightened what we thought was everything. We road in a funduro and broke the clutch lever on a fall. Had an extra and finished the day. Put the bikes up for winter. Pull them out this week. My 16 year old is tooling around the yard. Not doing anything Hyrum
Thcrazy. I don't hear the bike running. He calls me over. The rear sprocket bolts stripped out of the rear rim. Anyone know if the crf230 rear wheel is compatible with the Apollo d36?
Thanks

Old 03-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #2

I don't have an answer to you specific question about fitting the CRF wheel, but I've also had a question about the rear wheel of the DB36.

I got my 2020 last May, and within 5 hours of riding it, I had a flat back tire. I figured I either hit a bump too hard or something sharp punctured it. I've still not fixed it because I only ride on my own property, and if I fill it with air it takes about a day for it to be flat again.

However, in the past four months, I have seen three different 2020 DB36's up for sale on FB Marketplace, and every one of them was described as needing a rear tube!

I'm going to get mine apart someday and find out what made it go flat, but in the meantime, I gotta wonder if there is some problem (e.g., spoke protrusion) with the DB36 real wheel.

I remember that barnone got a flat on his DF250RTG due to spoke breakage, and he said he was told that there was a problem with a batch of rear wheels for that bike. Maybe there's something similar with the DB36. Thus my interest in your question about the fitment of other wheels.

You may not be interested in giving another Apollo wheel a shot, but if you do, they're not too expensive: https://www.orionpowersports.com/18-...0cc-dirt-bike/

Anyway, sorry to hear you're having all those problems, and hope you get an answer to your question and can gitr' back on the trail soon!

Old 03-23-2021, 06:01 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I had a slow leak in a truck tire. Just filled it every morning before I left the house. Thanks for the link. You know there is a problem when the product is sold out.

Tags
250, apollo, crf, db36, rx250