Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #1

Power lines, Rock pit, places i shouldn't be etc.

i went out today for a couple hours to check out where we race at. i ended up finding some good trails and places to ride. found a couple lakes i didn't know were there etc. i even remembered to grab my digital camera. here's some pics. click on them to see the full size.

saw a trail that led into the woods so i decides to take it. ended up at some lake i didn't evem know was there.

same lake, across the lake is a rock plant. i ended up riding around in there later but no pics.

this is some where that i should not be. pasted 3 no tresspassing signs and if you would have seen what i had to go through to get into this place...... well let's just say that i pretty damn impressed of the ground clearance my bike has. i thought that no one was at the mine but right after i took this pics the crane in the back round started up and started to do work. i decided to leave as i've already gone to jail once for being out there.

after leaving the rock pit i decided to hit a trail by the power lines and that rock place in a previous pic. i ran into a bit of a problem way the hell out in the middle of no where. i got stuck bad. took me about 20 min to get the bike out. everything was super slick, deep mud.

ever wish your bike had reverse?

after about 20 min she's finally out. i really need some fork boots.

middle of no where.

same

one dirty bitch, you should have seen me

me trying to figure out how to get to the other side. right after the tan dirt was a very steep drop off. if it weren't so steep i could have gotten up the other side. there was a stream between it as well from the lake. not too deep though.

i made it to the other side but i had to go down a street where there was a gaurd tower around the corner and then rocks blocking the acess road. after climbing the rocks and getting past i found out really quick that it was a devolopment that was being built and there was allot of no tresspass signs. not knowing if there was a gaurd in the tower/shack or not i decided to get the hell out of there after snaping a few quick pics.

that's it for now. i need to get my rim trued up this week and them i'll be back on the trails.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #2

I too recieved a trespassing summons on a canal. 8 hours community service, charges dropped. Ride On! P.S. Nice Pics!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #3

Quote:
I too recieved a trespassing summons on a canal. 8 hours community service, charges dropped.
Sounds like you met one of those cops with too much time on his hands.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #4

no summons here. 13 hours in jail, power went out etc. then i still had to appear in front of a judge. he tried to give me a $150 fine. i almost freaked out. i told him what happened and how i went to jail over it even though it should have just been a notice to appear. charges were dropped.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #5

Awsome pics, a little chilly today though for us anyway.. I hope I can find some places like that to ride here in Bradenton/Sarasota, I live 5 mins from the Gulf and cops don't like ya ridin on the beach, i'm sure I will try it one night though down by the water on the hard stuff, I am getting older so we'll see...Keep up with the pics!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Did you still have the stock tires on it when you got stuck?
Those things aren't worth diddley in the mud, or wet grass.

Your picture of the stuck bike sure brought a big smile to my face!
I usually go out exploring places solo too.
I somehow got the back end of my bike stuck in about a 2 ft deep, wet, grassy hole last fall.
It only took about 5 minutes to finally get the thing out.
Irritating at the time but funny to think back about.

BTW: Great pictures!

I have lived in Indiana for around 40 years and rode all sorts of places that I shouln't have been. I have been stopped quite a few times over the years. Usually the cops just tell you that you shouldn't be there. I politely reply with an astonished look..."Really? Oh sorry I didn't realize that. I will leave. Thanks for letting me know."

So far so good... :wink:
I am sure I will eventually meet up with a police officer or park ranger when they are having a bad day.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
ahh the fun that can be illegally trasspassing on privately owned property... mmm i cant wait

i remember when i had my little honda xr80 i had a cop chase me thru a field, i ran from him and he ended up totally crashing his car into a massive ditch.. i rode around the ditch, he went straight into it.. i got away but felt bad for creating such problems for him.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #8

yeah i have the stock tires on my bike. they are different than the Lifan ones from what i have seen. everyone on TT keeps telling me to get kenda 270's i think was the model number, cause they are very agressive street/trail tire. mine that came on my roketa look exactly the same as those.

click on the picture that shows the back of my bike when i'm stuck and let me know how those compare to the lifan tires, i'm interested to know the difference.

and yeah on the day that i went to jail for tresspassing i caught a wild life officer having a very bad day.

it still hasn't kept me out of the feilds though :wink:

Old 02-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
Re: Power lines, Rock pit, places i shouldn't be etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer
one dirty bitch, you should have seen me
sound like my ex g/f

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #10

haha mine to, just to bad i didn't know she was turning into one behind my back :(

Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer
yeah i have the stock tires on my bike. they are different than the Lifan ones from what i have seen. everyone on TT keeps telling me to get kenda 270's i think was the model number, cause they are very agressive street/trail tire. mine that came on my roketa look exactly the same as those.

click on the picture that shows the back of my bike when i'm stuck and let me know how those compare to the lifan tires, i'm interested to know the difference.
Your tires actually look pretty similar to the Kenda K270.
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/images.../K270%20DS.jpg

And I believe they may be a little more aggressive than the tires on my GY-5, but not much.
If you are going to be in the mud and dirt more than the street I would go with something chunkier than those 270's.

I got my other bike too late in the year to try it in the mud. It has Bridgestone Trailwings on it. AKA - Deathwings...because they aren't very good in the mud.
Oh well, I am used to that from the Lifan's tires.
(Just a little more power and weight so I am going to proceed with caution...for at least 5 minutes )

Old 02-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #12

FMY,
If your gonna keep hitting the mud/wet sand down here, you may want to look into a bigger rear tire with some more meat on it, Dennis Kirk has a beefy one to fit our bikes.. As you know, not alot of dirt down here just alot of dry sand, regular sand, and muddy sand, should have seen it when they dug out my pool, there's no dirt, just sand 8 ft. deep.. My orange, lemon and lime trees are kickin ass this year due to all the rainfall and warm temps and Sand...

Old 02-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #13

yeah tons of sand is right. i had to burry (sp?) my dog last month and i had to dog a pretty big hole in my back yard. it was a nice mix of sand and dirt.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #14

Sorry to hear about your dog, that sucks...

Old 02-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #15

thanks, yeah i miss him. i had him atleast 7 years. he was the man.